VSX-LX60 speakers setting...

Johncy

Standard Member
I am looking into the VSX-LX60 but I am not sure about the speaker setting. Any recommendations would be very welcome.

Thanks

John..

Johncy

Standard Member
Hi John,

Could you be a little more specific? Do you have speakers already?
No I do not have have speakers neither the VSX-LX60. I have made my decision for the LX60 but for the speakesI can not decide which brand should I look into. Of course I do not want to spend a fortune on them. The shop that sells the LX60 recomends to go with Pioneer speakers v520w, but not sure if with the same money I could get something better.

thanks

John

P

Pioneer Man

Hi,

The 520 speaker package is nice, they produce a quite clean and sharp sound and plenty of volume.

It is a personal choice kind of thing though.

Johncy

Standard Member
Hi,

The 520 speaker package is nice, they produce a quite clean and sharp sound and plenty of volume.

It is a personal choice kind of thing though.

the reason I was not sure with this speakers is because the guy at the shop he did have the VSX-917 connected to this speakers and he wouldn't connect the LX60 becasue it is na expesinve amplifier, so I was not sure if the LX60 was a good setup for the 520w. I really appreciate your input on this.

thanks

John...

P

Pioneer Man

I cant make your mind up for you, the dealer probably didnt want to setup the LX60 for someone who he thought was a tyre kicker.

Johncy

Standard Member
I cant make your mind up for you, the dealer probably didnt want to setup the LX60 for someone who he thought was a tyre kicker.

Nope the reason he wouldn't set it up was because he did not want to and he said an amplifier like that it is too expensive to have it on the shelf. I have made my mind for the amplifier but for the speakers I was not so sure. thanks alot for your input...

John

angelislington

Nope the reason he wouldn't set it up was because he did not want to and he said an amplifier like that it is too expensive to have it on the shelf. I have made my mind for the amplifier but for the speakers I was not so sure. thanks alot for your input...

John
Did they not have a demonstration room?

markrich

hi i have got an lx60 with b&w 600 series front (602), back(600) and centre(cc2) and it is amazing with true hd and dts master, i payed £675 last year for all the speakers if you go this way maybe you could try my settings took me afew go,s to get it right but it now sounds awsome loads of deep bass and picks up lots of detail hope this helps

Johncy

Standard Member
Did they not have a demonstration room?

they did have a demonstration room for another set of speakers but those speakers were too expensive and they did have the vsx-917 amp. the speakers I was nterested it was setup in a big room with many other electronic devices,

Johncy

Standard Member
hi i have got an lx60 with b&w 600 series front (602), back(600) and centre(cc2) and it is amazing with true hd and dts master, i payed £675 last year for all the speakers if you go this way maybe you could try my settings took me afew go,s to get it right but it now sounds awsome loads of deep bass and picks up lots of detail hope this helps
thanks Markrich...that's what I was looking for to hear what other people that have bought with their LX60. I will look into it and see what are the prices here in Cyprus and if they got. thanks again for your input...

John

KelvinHT

HI there, I'm using a set of 5 M&K LCR 55's and a M&K VX-125v sub, I'm Very happy with these. You can pick up new ones on ebay. There is a pair of LCR 55's on there and a v125 Sub on there the v75 would be a good match as well.

The LX60 wants to set these as Large for all 5 but I like the warmer sound when set to small as every sound below 80Hz is sent to the sub.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom