1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VSX-D2011 Query

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by apwood, Jul 1, 2003.

1. apwood

apwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Two questions about this:

1) When running the auto MCACS, what levels should I set my sub to? It has a standard volume setting and a cut-off frequency setting.

2) If I replace any speakers in my setup, do I have to run the auto MCACS again?

Thanks!

2. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    1) Turn volume on Sub to 9-10o'clock position, turn cutoff on sub ALL the way up or bypass it if your sub has a switch for this. Set your amp to the LFE cutoff of 80HZ (default) and let it do the LFE routing

2) Absolutely !!:D

3. apwood

apwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cut-off is adjustable from 50Hz to 150Hz - do you mean turn it all the way up to 150? Does the MCACS actually test the sub during set-up?

Cheers for the advice.

4. apwood

apwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Anyone mind if I add an extra query ?

Is the audio delay adjustable for use with plasma displays/scalers ?

Thanks,

Steve.

6. apwood

apwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve,

You may well find the answer at www.pioneer.co.uk - they have a pretty comprehensive spec-sheet for the 2011 which would probably answer your question.

Jon

7. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I doubt it. You can only delay by a few miliseconds to compensate for speaker placement. For plasma display delays you would likely need 50-300 (just a guess) miliseconds. It is not designed for this purpose. If you want that feature at a reasonable price your best bet is the Denon 3803.

8. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    The 2011 does not have the Plasma audio delay function, but the AX10i that i have :D :D :D :D does !!!, but then again, i do not have a plasma !!!

On the SUB side of things.......YES....turn the sub all the way up to 150HZ and let the AMP do the cutoff ( it is set to 80HZ by default, and you can leave it there). This means your AMP will send all frequencies below 80HZ to the subwoofer if it is set to receive LFE signals in the AMP's configuration (Sub set to YES).

Cheers:hiya:

9. apwood

apwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Fjorko. I take it the adjustable cut-off freq. on the sub is only of use for amps that don't let you adjust the bass routing (like my old Sony).

10. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Yip !:D You are correct !

Some subs have a switch on the back where you can by-pass the sub's cut-off completely, but if you don't....just turn it all the way up to the highest freq. it can go to ( in your case 150HZ). All this does is opening up the WHOLE range the sub is capable of to the amp.....so freqencies above 80HZ is sent to the speakers set to LARGE, but stuff below 80Hz is sent to the sub to play.

In theory though you can make your cut-off just above 80HZ on the sub - (say 90) , but i have heard that you might miss out on some of the other bass frequencies just above 80, probably because the AMP arn't 100% acurate in cutting the frequency EXACTLY on 80Hz....maybe 82 or 83 etc........ but you're never sure.

So just crank it up !!!!!

Cheers !