1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VSX-D2011 problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by TrickyDicky, Jun 29, 2003.

1. TrickyDicky

TrickyDicky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mmmm, got my 2011 a few weeks back and am finally getting around to configuring it.
    First BIG problem is I can't get any menu output onto my TV!
    (an old Panasonic portable 12")
    I turn on the amp and choose "system setup" from the remote but nothing appears.

have read the manual and troubleshhoting guide and I definately have montior op 1 connected. (even tried the op 2 in desperation)
    I did the PAL/NTSC reciever switch with no luck.
    Even tried routing the signal through a multi standards vhs.
    Tried the same video cable with two other boxes and it displays the video fine on my TV (even tried other cables too!)
    Also tried old Svideo-Scart converter I had lying around (although I'm not sure which way this converts) to try the SVideo op on monitor 1 .
    Tried a reciever reset and still not even a flicker on the screen. :confused:

Any ideas before I go back to the retailer?
    Help....
    rick :thumbsdow

haven't got another tv to try it yet but I assume this is my only hope.

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    1. Check that the tv is set to receive a signal from the SVHS socket. On mine I have to change a setting in menus to tell it to use SVHS or SCART 3.

2. Check you have plugged it into the correct output on the receiver.

3. PEHowland

PEHowland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are connecting to the TV via a SCART socket, make sure that any other devices you have connected to the TV via other SCART sockets are off. I found with my JVC TV that if my satellite receiver is on (on SCART1) then the 2011 signal will not be recognised on SCART2. This is a TV issue, not a 2011 issue. I had the same "problem" with a previous DVD player connected on SCART2.

4. TrickyDicky

TrickyDicky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thax Daneel and PE for your quick replys.
    Finally tried pressing the manual setup button on the front and the menu came right up on the TV. I've now realised I've been pressing the equivalent remote button not in 'reciever' green mode...DOH!! :eek:
    btw...Is the menu meant to be black and white ?
    Anyway, sorry for wasting your time and I hope i can contribute something back once I have it all set up.

Ta,
    Rick:clap:
    (a HT novice)

5. hindutimes

hindutimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey! TrickyDicky,

That's a common mistake. Me too got confused on the remote. Remember! the remote is a 'Learning' type and it has multiple options.

Btw, you may want to buy bigger TV to make it more close to cinematic experience...