1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vsx d2011 or Denon 3803

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dion, May 15, 2003.

Tags:
  1. dion

dion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is the cheapest I can get these? And which is the best? I will eventually be using the amp with a set of M&S THX 500 speakers.

2. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I've got the 2011, but the 3803 is very good as well... not much in it really. Features both have some uniques, the auto set-up and MACC equalisation on the 2011 is really good.

The best thing to do is go for a demo and decide yourself. You can get them very cheap online, but I am a big fan of the local dealers with demo facilities, you might pay a bit more but at least you can make an informed decision.

3. dion

dion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice but it can be dificult to find a dealer with both in stock in the Hampshire area so I can compare them back to back.

4. damtom1

damtom1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I,ve just gone from a 3802 to a 3803,and i think the improvment is massive.It definately processes a lot clearer and crisper than the 3802,especially with films.Music is also improved,but not as much as the film soundtracks.
    It feels like i,ve got a new set of speakers!