vsx-930 HDZone won't work

Lidsurfer

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help as I'm lost and have been going around in circles for days. I have 6 speakers, 4 in the lounge that are wired as front and surround. I have the other two outside that are wired to surround back. All speakers work when I set the speaker system to either of the 7.2 channel speaker settings. However, what I want is for the outside speakers to be in a different zone so they can play music whilst someone is watching tv inside.

I've tried messing around with the HDZone but it just doesn't allow the outside speakers to work and tv/dvd just goes through the 4 lounge, which is good....but I'm not even sure it's surround sOund on the back lounge speakers.

Can some help please??? The pioneer manual hasn't shed any light for me

Page 106 - speaker system setting... select HD Zone?

To get sound out of them in any normal main zone surround mode means you have not done that basic setup process.

Thanks. I have set the speaker setup to HDZone. I only put it on the 7Channel setting to ensure the speakers actually worked, which they do. On HDZone, I can get the 4 indoor speakers working...but cant (am not sure how to) toggle between doing this and identifying a new input for outside speakers (using the surround back)...

page 13 -- remote button 15 -- hold for 1,5 sec = HDZone mode on....
page 89 -- press front panel button <multi zone control> and follow those instruction on operation...

:rtfm: that's all I've done to advise you!

Alternatively go back to your retailer for advice and a hands on demo... good ones will be happy to help (e.g. Richer Sounds) and show you how!

Thank you. The problem I have is that when I push the Multi zone control button on the receiver, nothing happens at all. Is there something that needs to be done to allow this button to be pushed?

Like turning on multi-zone or something?

I've followed all of those other steps and put the hdzone speaker settings on.

Press the 'multizone on/off' button on the front panel (3rd button from the left). Immediately as you press this button 'multizone' flashes in red on the display, whilst this is flashing you can then turn the left dial to select the input that will display/sound in the second zone.

Once the 'multizone' stops flashing in the display the input selection dial reverts to controlling the main zone again (but leaves zone 2 on) if you need to control the zone 2 selection again then press 'multizone-control' the second button from the left, this will cause the 'multizone' to flash again on the display, whilst it is flashing you can then use the selection dial for zone 2 again.

If any of the above does not work then your unit must be faulty.

Thank I get what I need to do. My problem is, when I push the 3rd button from left (Multi-Zone on/Off), nothing happens at all...no flashing red...no response from the Amp at all. The other buttons on the front panel work...

Another thing I have noticed, when I select HDZone for my speaker system, then go into speaker settings afterwards, I can not see any option to change/view the two 'surrounding back' speakers. Only the SW, Front, C, Back...and frequency. I would have thought I'd also be able to see the second zone in here as well?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom