• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

VSX 922 Settings in conection with sub

markluce

Standard Member
Hi There

I have set up my first ever AV system, VSX 922 AV Receiver with Wharfedale speakers.

I have gone through the set up procedure several times, during the set up it shows the sub there and it actually works.

However once I listen to a source, TV, Music etc - the sub does not kick in at anytime.

Please help - proper frustrated !!!!!

Many thanks

Mark

PSM1

Distinguished Member
What is the gain on the back of the sub set too? Is it set above half?
What is the sub level in the amp set too? Is it negative dB?
Is the sub set to an auto on mode or on all the time?
What is the crossover on the back of the sub set to and the one in the amp?
What source are you listening too, is it a proper 5.1 source or a stereo source that you are making into 5.1?
Are all your speakers set to small in the amp?
The most common cause of the issue you describe is the gain set too high on the back of the sub, this causes the amp to have a very low (large negative dB value) setting to cvompensate which means you get a low signal to the sub which means it does not wake up but stays in the sleep mode. Turning the gain on the sub down and rerunning the auto setup often cures the issue.

markluce

Standard Member
Hi Thanks for the reply

The volume is set to 3/4
the cross over frequency is at 85 (highest)
Set to on all time
In the amp it I believe it is on 0db

I will try the set up again with changes as per your recommendations

Many Thanks
Mark

PSM1

Distinguished Member
I would turn the volume on the sub down to below half (around 1/3) and rerun the auto setup. Although the setting in the amp would suggest that the sub is not too high (if it is 0dB).

Samiijay

Standard Member
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM! I found it in the user manual under "Subwoofer output is low".
Don't quote me on this (sorry)
But it was "Speaker Set up" and under SW change it from YES to PLUS.
Did the job for me.

Savatar

Novice Member
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM! I found it in the user manual under "Subwoofer output is low".
Don't quote me on this (sorry)
But it was "Speaker Set up" and under SW change it from YES to PLUS.
Did the job for me.

Thank you for sharing this!!!
Saved me from pulling my hair out / throwing the amp out the window :)

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom