• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

VSX 1018 - Remote IR Sensor?

Cunniffe66_

Established Member
Hi, I've had my 1018 for almost 2 months now.
When I first got it I'm absolutely positive I plugged a remote IR sensor into the back and it worked. When I installed my av gear properly though, I never got round to putting the IR sensor in until today. Problem is, I can't get it to work!

I have two sensors, both of them are just sensors on a wire with a 3.5mm(??) connector on the end, i.e. they aren't powered on their own (figured that out when google searching for a solution.)

one came with a BT 'standby saver' and the other came with my USB IR receiver for windows MCE remote.

I can't remember which one I used before but i'm positive it worked.
I've tried both in all four slots - control in, out and IR Zone 2 in, out on the pioneer 1018. None of them seem to work.

Can anyone help me with this?

Also, is it possible to control an xbox360 from a universal remote?
I'm thinking if you can then I should be able to use my 1018 remote with the 360..

Thanks, Steven.

Cunniffe66_

Established Member
Nevermind, I tried them all again and It seems I overlooked the BT standby saver one in the control in slot, 'cause thats the only combination that works.

T'other question still stands though, is there any way for me to control the 360 with the 1018 remote?

The only code in the 1018 manual remotely to do with the xbox360 is under the dvd section and is Microsoft 017. That code doesn't work however.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom