VSX-1016TXV video conversion to Component...

The Punisher

Standard Member
Reaction score
the VSX-1016TXV offers s-video/composite to Component conversion, I am however trying to find out if it actually up converts the signal resulting in a better picture quality or if just does a straigh video conversion with no upscalling.

the manual does not explain it so i have no idea.

i would imagine just upconversion of the signal 'type' not upscaling the 'resolution'....

certainly if the amp is a cheaper model then thats the likely situation :)

i would imagine just upconversion of the signal 'type' not upscaling the 'resolution'....

certainly if the amp is a cheaper model then thats the likely situation :)

So in other words if i just plugged it to the tv using the s-video and didn't bother with the conversion to component with the AVR i would get the same pciture quality??

I read the whole manual and researched online and no one person seems to know if it acutally increases the pic quality or if it just converts it.

well, just read the manual on Pioneers website for VSX-1016V-S/-K models, no mention of TXV anywhere in their database? anyhow, those manuals make no mention of scaling, also seems that the converting is only between the analogue inputs, the HDMI it seems are a basic switcher....far as i can tell anyhow...

so basically, there is no point having a component output with vid/s-vid inputs upconverted if you are not using any component inputs....just use an s-vid connection to the display and upconvert vid to s-vid, wont be any improvement, more just a case of s-vid can be downconverted if you only use normal vid...which would deteriorate the picture a little...if you use a component input tho, might as well upconvert everything to component :)

oh and the HDMI is passthrough only on audio too, cant strip it off and process in the amp, you still need to use opt/coax cables....(not sure if you know all this other stuff i'm mentioning but thought i'd put it down for other peoples sake as well)

Thanx, that's what i thought. The other things you mentioned I was well aware of.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom