VSX-1016 , XBox and Wii

jcw1407

Standard Member
After finally getting a Wii today , I've had to use my Pioneer VSX1016 to do the component switching, and it's a horrible mess. The video tears up, it loses synch, and it's unwatchable. The weird thing is that this is only for games, I can watch videos perfectly fine :-(

Is this a known issue with the VSX1016 (I'm saying this because there's a tiny footnote on the manual (p12) that says some video game resolutions are unsupported).

For now I've hooked the XBox up directly to the TV again and gone back to using composite for the Wii. :thumbsdow

So does anyone do this succesfully?

kingfats

Distinguished Member
After finally getting a Wii today , I've had to use my Pioneer VSX1016 to do the component switching, and it's a horrible mess. The video tears up, it loses synch, and it's unwatchable. The weird thing is that this is only for games, I can watch videos perfectly fine :-(

Is this a known issue with the VSX1016 (I'm saying this because there's a tiny footnote on the manual (p12) that says some video game resolutions are unsupported).

For now I've hooked the XBox up directly to the TV again and gone back to using composite for the Wii. :thumbsdow

So does anyone do this succesfully?

I sold my Pioneer 1016 to my bruv and he uses it with his Wii no problem.
Component to the receiver and then component to his plasma.He's also got the 360 going in as well so component switching is working as it should,both at their desired resolution.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom