Question VST hardware: mATX Motherboard, Onboard graphics, RAM and CPU

£74.99 Amazon Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G32C16U4B 3200 MHz, DDR4, DRAM, Desktop Gaming Memory Kit, 16GB (8GB x2), CL16, Black 16-18-18-36

Any time I mention Corsair, people warn me off.

Any time I mention Corsair, people warn me off.
I really don't know why!

Corsair are a big American IT component manufacturer - why should anyone be warned off any of their products just because they made them? I'd rather argue on points justifying such a position, such as performance and reliability.

I chose Corsair Vengeance LPX because of their reputation for performance, overclocking capacity and reliability, and also because I'm not into PC bling and so don't want anything RGB. My choice does not mean that there aren't other choices I, or others, could make.

People say Corsair RAM does not work well with Ryzen builds, it's significantly slower compared to others in during normal use.

People say Corsair RAM does not work well with Ryzen builds, it's significantly slower compared to others in during normal use.
I'll be separately testing both Corsair Vengeance LPXs in my rig (Gigabyte Auros Master, AMD Ryzen 3900X) to see what performance they each deliver, so we can see if there's much to these claims.

I bought Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz 16 18 18 36 for £79.95 on 12 May from Amazon EU S.a.r.l. and I bought Corsair CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz Ryzen Optimised 16 18 18 36 on for £81.97 on 15 May from Scan Computers International Ltd.
I didn't miss a thing - the Corsair you mention, is 16-18-18-36, you are ignoring the other three figures, which are as important as the first, so I still say show me a Corsair stick of 3600/16-16-16-36 at a reasonable price, using B-Die. And, the TG I mention is very cheap compared to other RAM with the same speed/timings, such as Corsair and G-Skill. Although, I do agree that that Corsair you mention does seem good value, although it is just 3200, which also makes a difference. You could have spent an extra £40 and got B-Die TG at 3600/16-16-16-36, which, if you think you'd prefer 3200, you could have downclocked to 14-14-14-28, which probably relates to something like twice as fast as what you bought, when talking about the nS refresh times. Anyway Helios451, this has become a discussion between you and I, as TheJay seems to be sorted, so I'll bow out of this now. Bye all.

Anyway Helios451, this has become a discussion between you and I, as TheJay seems to be sorted, so I'll bow out of this now. Bye all.
I'll bow out too, for now, before posting those RAM speed figures in due course. Until next time!

I didn't miss a thing - the Corsair you mention, is 16-18-18-36, you are ignoring the other three figures, which are as important as the first, so I still say show me a Corsair stick of 3600/16-16-16-36 at a reasonable price, using B-Die. And, the TG I mention is very cheap compared to other RAM with the same speed/timings, such as Corsair and G-Skill. Although, I do agree that that Corsair you mention does seem good value, although it is just 3200, which also makes a difference. You could have spent an extra £40 and got B-Die TG at 3600/16-16-16-36, which, if you think you'd prefer 3200, you could have downclocked to 14-14-14-28, which probably relates to something like twice as fast as what you bought, when talking about the nS refresh times. Anyway Helios451, this has become a discussion between you and I, as TheJay seems to be sorted, so I'll bow out of this now. Bye all.
Actually, now you come to mention those RAM specs, can you please provide a link?

I'd be interested to know if combined, whether this would be fine with ASRock B450M Pro4-F, AMD B450, S AM4, DDR4, SATA3, Dual M.2, 2-Way CrossFire, Realtek GbE, USB 3.1 Gen1 A+C, MicroATX or its worth spending £20.00 more to get the ASRock B450M Steel Legend, AMD B450, S AM4, DDR4, SATA3, Dual M.2, 2-Way CrossFire, Realtek GbE, USB3.1 G2 A+C, MicroATX. I'd be combining with 3300X FYI.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom