1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VSM2048 to Barco 7LT - Optimum Resolutions

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Barry.NI, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Barry.NI

Barry.NI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    It is hoped to install a VSM2048 scaler upgrade, with an HDTV module, to my AV192R linked to a Barco 7LT. Does anyone know the ideal resolution to set the output of the scaler to the projector? The video/HD compatability of the Barco, lists the following:

480i (interlaced NTSC
    576i (interlaced PAL/SECAM)
    480p (progressive NTSC)
    576p (progressive PAL/SECAM)
    1080i (HDTV)
    720p (HDTV)

Material is mainly Region 1/2 DVDs through a DVD32R and occasional SKY+/Freeview. The optical resolution of the PJ is 1000 lines, and the feed to it is RGBHV.

2. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    First of all, you lucky bugger! Id love a CRT. Anyway I would try both the 720p and 1080i output settings as going above your projectors maximum resolution will probably bring detrimental results :smashin:

3. sijones

sijones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Hi Barry,

The VSM2048 will only output a progressive signal. You will probably get the best results with 720p. However, you will need to check that the Barco will support 720p at 50Hz(PAL) & 60Hz(NTSC). There are two separate configuration settings available for the VSMs analogue output which will allow you to set the number of lines outputted for PAL and NTSC signals to best suit your display. E.g. you could configure the VSM2048 to output 720p for NTSC and 576p for PAL. There is also nothing stopping you from experimenting with a higher output than 720 lines (1000 lines for instance).

Regards,

Steve

4. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I bow to superior knowledge of the VSM2048 :blush:

5. Barry.NI

Barry.NI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Steve,

Many thanks, the Barco does accept the resolutions you mentioned. Hopefully Barry from TMA is bringing the unit with him, after the repair and upgrade, when he sets up the TMREQ for me, so between us, and armed withyour info, should be able to sort it out. I just hope that it will not require a major re calibration. Many thanks to those that replied.

Barry