VRO Support with ULead software

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DaveG_UK, Mar 28, 2006.

1. DaveG_UK

DaveG_UK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was recently informed on this forum that ULead Video Studio supports VRO recording to DVD-RAM (Example converting DivX onto DVD-RAM).

I've been looking around at the ULead website and Ulead Media Studio looks like a reasonable alternative to (the rather expensive) Adobe After Effects. Although what I can't work out is does Media Studio support VRO recording like Video Studio does ?

Thanks in advance.

2. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Hi

Could you not just convert it to a normal DVD Video on DVD-RW/+RW rather than DVD-RAM?

It isn't clear is it from the specification sfor MediaStudio if it supports VR mode to DVD-RAM/DVD-RW is it? It mentions DVD-RAM in output formats here (http://www.ulead.co.uk/msp/msp8_features.pdf) but doesn't mention VR recording. I would think it does as it probably uses their standard burning software, but if it is the cheaper software they may be leaving these things out.

Maybe someone has the software here who can know for sure?

Regards

Phil

3. DaveG_UK

DaveG_UK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,
    nwgarratt was sure that Ulead Video Studio would do it in this thread which I started recently.

The reason I want to do VR format onto DVD-RAM, is that the 'house' DVD player is a Panasonic DMRE75 (VCR/DVD-RAM combination unit), and the only re-usable DVD format it uses is DVD-RAM. I just just want to convert DivX videos from my laptop to watch on my TV. But I dont' want to end up with a stack of DVD-R's that I probably won't watch again!

I also used to do video effects as a hobby, and used After Effects which I don't have access to anymore. So I was just wondering if Media Studio would fulfill both needs for me :confused:

Like you said, the pdf brochurs (for Media Studio and Video Studio) are ambiguous.

The only verifying information I've found is a two or three year old aritcle on EMediaLive.com:

"EMediaLive.com: Ulead Video/DVD Software Supports VR Format with On-disc Editing"

What do you think to that?

4. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Hi

Ulead certainly supports VR mode recording with DVD MovieFactory (works perfectly to DVD-RAM/DVD-RW), I just don't know about the MediaStudio package.

Maybe drop them an email.

Best of luck

Regards

Phil

5. OARDVD

OARDVD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dave, I think you'll find that the DMRE75 will read -RW discs recorded in Video or VR mode (BTW, other Panny recordable decks see -RW VR as read-only DVD RAMs).

6. DaveG_UK

DaveG_UK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah I think I'll have to. I'll post back if/when I get an answer from them :smashin:

Sounds like you're speaking from experience there, which is nice to hear. I guess I'll have to grab some media and give it a try!

7. ChainsawDude

ChainsawDude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Here's is a tool that will output to DVD-Ram, it's got the wierd name TMPGENC MPEG Editor 2.0. It actually includes some burning software for DVD-RAM call VRCopy http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tme20.html :smashin:

Unfortunately for me, VRCopy is by Panasonic and they have knobled it so it will only burn to dvd-ram, it does not burn to DVD-RW VR mode which is what I really need to do.
    I can not find anything that will write VR mode DVD-RW on the PC :suicide: