vro file

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by shadowz, Sep 6, 2007.

1. shadowz

shadowz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have some video that was recorded in VR Mode with a Sony DVD 300 Mini Cam. It created a folder called DVD_RTAV folder on the mini dvd disk with 3 files in the folder. The files are BUP,IFO, and VRO. I want to change these over to a Video_TS folder that has VOB files so that I can view them on a regular dvd player. Right now I can only view the video on the dvd camcorder and the computer because of being recorded in VR Mode. What software could I use that can do this?

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +620
  3. Bl4ckGryph0n

Bl4ckGryph0n
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16,285
    Considering it a VRO is just a container for VOB files I was so frustrated by the lack of tools, until I came across a piece of sample C-code that I was able to get to work with the minimum fuss...

It basically just transverses the VRO file and extract bit-perfect (i.e. no loss) the VOB files...Only a command line utility as I only want to do it once and never put my camera in VR mode again....

I could share the source if required and you know how to compile or see if I can compile to a Windows format on my mac......