VR Peer-to-Peer Security

trekker34

Novice Member
Reaction score
I work at a middle school and we are considering getting VR headsets for our students.

Our IT dept has some concerns with peer-to-peer security, specifically, the headsets being hackable. Is there another method of having all the students connected to internet/wifi and not using a p2p style connection? Is bluetooth an option? Something else?

I am not particularly knowledgeable with this sort of stuff (I don't work in IT, lol). However, if someone could help explain this to me in layman's terms, as I am still learning ,I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks!!!

Sounds to me like you should go via a manufacturers teaching portal if they have one. I know Oculus used to have a teaching and commercial support section at one point. You may well get a much better deal, and deploy options for software etc.

And by, "a manufacturers teaching portal," you mean...? Are you referring to software that allows teachers to control and monitor student activity while using VR? If so, how exactly would that stop potential hacking?

Apologies, this is all very new to me.

VR isn't really advisable for children, similar to 3D, for long periods until their eyes and brain are fully developed so I doubt that any manufacturer would recommend using them.

And by, "a manufacturers teaching portal," you mean...? Are you referring to software that allows teachers to control and monitor student activity while using VR? If so, how exactly would that stop potential hacking?

Apologies, this is all very new to me.
I would check via the contact options for the bigger players, Lenovo, HP, Oculus.
like sandra51 said VR isn’t suitable for children under the age of 13.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom