VR Gaming Chat

I still wouldn't be surprised if Revive was being privately supported by Oculus.

I kind of understand that there could be a multitude of reasons why non-Oculus headsets aren't supported yet by their store.

They do place an (outward at least) emphasis on quality of experience and this is easier to support, at this fairly early stage in their development, if they know every game on their store was written and tested for their headsets.

I suspect that there is some kind of behind the scenes competition between the various online PC / VR game stores too and that there are efforts by various companies to retain market share. This is business - I'd be surprised if they didn't try to keep competitive advantage.

So while Oculus are not in a position to support the other headsets, I think it's entirely possible that they would consider Revive to be something of a useful way of expanding the market unofficially.

I used to work for a company that very much had the brand name in their field. And they had quite a big mark up on their products because of this brand name.

A lot of other companies realised that they could produce the same thing and sell it much cheaper, without the brand name.

So what did the brand name company do? Very quietly bought out the cheap competitors and let them continue to compete and undercut them, while happily accepting the additional income.

And the latest Steam hardware survey results are in...

Facebook have dropped below their 50% of market dominance and are DOOMED!!!

The Valve Index's market share has also fallen for the first time in its existence and its DOOMED!!!

WMR, and by extension the HP Reverb, is DOOMED!!!

So who is the winner with all these losers? The HTC Vive of course! Its market share is accelerating after everyone who moved on to newer and shinier headsets realises their errors and are flooding back in droves! The HTC Vive is the unsung saviour of VR - FACT!

I wonder how many people are pausing to see just how good the usb tether is for quest?

i am starting to take an interest now a modder has managed to get the quest screen outputting at 90hz.

I wonder how many people are pausing to see just how good the usb tether is for quest?

i am starting to take an interest now a modder has managed to get the quest screen outputting at 90hz.

I am.

A lighter cable is huge for me as I hate having a thick weighty cable and I don’t want to litter my room with pulleys

The Valve Index's market share has also fallen for the first time in its existence and its DOOMED!!!

So who is the winner with all these losers? The HTC Vive of course! Its market share is accelerating after everyone who moved on to newer and shinier headsets realises their errors and are flooding back in droves! The HTC Vive is the unsung saviour of VR - FACT!
Oh nooos! :eek:
It's very odd. Maybe it's because people are returning faulty units, or returning Rifts and getting Quests? Or perhaps the survey is just borked...

dont forget it is just a percentage of total users..... whilst i want to see onwards and upwards WRT people using VR on PC (honestly the exact brand of hmd does not interest me, i just want more pc VR users)

but a drop in percentages does not necessarily mean drop in absolute numbers.

that said..... sure, i am a bit dissapointed with those numbers

but a drop in percentages does not necessarily mean drop in absolute numbers.
If absolute numbers are static or increasing, I'd find it hard to believe that the Vive/Vive Pro percentage is increasing at this point (sales for those must surely be down to a trickle). It's more likely that overall attached/active VR units are decreasing (or not being detected) which is skewing the percentages.

Well the index losing a little ground cant be pleasing for Steam. But as we all know these aren't gospel, just a ballpark figure of those who took part.

Apparently the percentage of Steam users with a VR headset fell a little too... so those losses are actual losses! o_O

Unless the total number of Steam users increased a lot more than the Steam users with VR headsets... My brain hurts :confused:

I don't think it merits such deep analysis!

It all seems pretty stagnant to me, which is sad.

It's almost as if he wasn't banned lololol :laugh: :rotfl:

I wasn't banned o_O

I know YOU haven't been banned, I thought you were doing a very good impression of Atmos there and thought you did that on purpose. It would have been funnier if you had done that intentionally! :rotfl: :laugh:

OculusScreenshot1573248106 (2).jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
New Boneworks trailer/gameplay. Release date is confirmed as 10/12/2019.
Still no sign of the mystery Steam game.

That looks decent. It appeals to me more than the fantasy stuff like Asgard.

I'll have a look at this when it comes out.

We won't see the first of those Valve games until 2042 at least. And then after that we'll only see one more being released around 2057. Cos those ****ers can't count up to three :laugh: :rotfl: :D

We won't see the first of those Valve games until 2042 at least. And then after that we'll only see one more being released around 2057. Cos those ******s can't count up to three :laugh: :rotfl: :D

They have repeatedly said that they are releasing a AAA VR game before the end of the year. Is there any actual evidence of anything coming out? At the moment I`m at best expecting a remake of the Halflife VR2 game and at worst Valve to announce they have acquired the Boneworks dev and slap their name on it.

Nope, no evidence of ANYTHING at all. I'm refusing to get any sort of hopes up tbh.

Yup, I had a quick go last night too. Absolutely top drawer stuff from them yet again! :D

Work colleague has confirmed Stormland doesn't work with ReVive at present as it uses a custom code instead of the Oculus API for some components.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom