VR Gaming Chat

I’ve said this in the past, especially for the Vive which requires a separate power supply to be on (I normally leave my Vive unpowered unless I intend to use it). Does the Rift have an explicit on/off switch, or is it always showing as available as a USB device?
it doesnt have on off switch but it automatically powers off when not in use... it has a sensor which makes it power on when you put it on your head. when not in use i dont think it is registered either. (dont hold me to that however)

20191012003042_1.jpg

The freeware version of Doom is a playable world in VRChat

Did anyone else pick up the The Damned dlc for Arizona Sunshine?
it was fairly short, it was less action oriented and more exploration. The ending wasn’t what I expected either. I’ve only played it single player so I expect it to be more of a challenge in co op.

not yet. (i assume that is the brand new one?) I have still not completed the main game or started the last dlc yet.

how much is it?

Vader Immortal... short but very, very sweet :clap:

Not sure I'm willing to pay for the next episode though, its quite a lot for a short experience and its not gonna have the lightsaber replayability of the first episode. Do we know how many episodes are intended?

I think there’s going to be 3 episodes. Wait for a bundle before buying the other two. EP2 isn’t worth it imo. I hope EP is longer otherwise I’ll pass. This type of thing needs to be at least 45 minutes long for £7.99.

How do you access the library interface within SteamVR? It used to be the default screen when you pressed the system button but now it has a storefront instead and there's a games list down the side (which seems to have a very wonky scrolling system), I can't seem to work out how to bring up the proper library interface as I could before.

@Johnmcl7 I use the steam menu button and find it from there, the same as it's been for a long time. The menus on the wall of the little mountain house are a pain to drive.

@Johnmcl7 I use the steam menu button and find it from there, the same as it's been for a long time. The menus on the wall of the little mountain house are a pain to drive.

I'm not meaning SteamVR Home, when I press the System button (the one below the touchpad on the Vive wand controllers) I get a different screen now and I can't see how to get back to the normal library screen.

I think there’s going to be 3 episodes. Wait for a bundle before buying the other two. EP2 isn’t worth it imo. I hope EP is longer otherwise I’ll pass. This type of thing needs to be at least 45 minutes long for £7.99.

Agreed. Not sure what Oculus are playing at with making episode 2 shorter than episode 1. I really thought episode 1 was their "first attempt" and they were going to refine and better it in every way possible.

As much as I think Vader Immortal screams absolute quality in many respects, and possibly cutting edge VR story telling, I'm not fond of encouraging £8/episode for VR content like this. I just dont see the value and it will start to make people question whether its just cheaper and better value to watch a film or a TV show. They need to either lengthen the episodes by involving more gameplay (surely not hard at all, I was itching to use my light saber all episode and never really got to until the end), decrease the price or concentrate on just releasing full featured games.

I personally think £8 for 1.5-2hrs (the duration of a film) is much more reasonable. At present, I'm honestly comparing them to TV show episodes due to the duration rather than films.

I can't help but get involved at Oculus at times. They seem to get so many awesome, well known, immersive IPs and just get lazy and use them to the least of their potential.

Luckeys Tale works on the Index once more! Guess Revive bypassed Oculus restrictions again.

Luckeys Tale works on the Index once more! Guess Revive bypassed Oculus restrictions again.

Do you really think that Oculus couldn't completely lock out Revive if they wanted to?

Are you jumping to conclusions again? Do you have evidence that Oculus placed restrictions that Revive needed to circumvent?

Insulting towards others (mild)
Do you really think that Oculus couldn't completely lock out Revive if they wanted to?

Are you jumping to conclusions again? Do you have evidence that Oculus placed restrictions that Revive needed to circumvent?

Why do you open up this can of worms?

You know how you have a dementia patient who talks rubbish sometimes.. Atmos is our dementia patient

Jumping to conclusions? You mean like when I last tried the game and it didn't work with Revive and now the new Revive is out it suddenly works again? I mean did Oculus coincidentally break the game and fix it to coincide with a Revive update just for funzies?

Insulting / swearing / racist / threatening in the extreme

You know how you have a dementia patient who talks rubbish sometimes.. Atmos is our dementia patient

And you're our Forum asshole.

Jumping to conclusions? You mean like when I last tried the game and it didn't work with Revive and now the new Revive is out it suddenly works again? I mean did Oculus coincidentally break the game and fix it to coincide with a Revive update just for funzies?

Yup, out of every game for Oculus to break.. including the system seller Asgard's Wrath which the near entire VR community is circle jerking too [including Index users]... they decided to block Lucky's Tale.

I can't get the idea of Atmos putting the milk in his washing machine and his washing in his fridge out of my head now lol :laugh:

Curious about Lucky's Tale. It appeared to be a retrospective block of those who weren't intended to receive the game for free. There were reports of DK2 users being blocked out too, not just Revive users.

It actually disappeared from my Oculus library but after I paid for it all was well.

Revive granting access to software for which a person doesn't have the rights is dodgy ground.

Jumping to conclusions? You mean like when I last tried the game and it didn't work with Revive and now the new Revive is out it suddenly works again?

That is where the facts stop.

I mean did Oculus coincidentally break the game and fix it to coincide with a Revive update just for funzies?

Guess Revive bypassed Oculus restrictions again.

I don't know. And neither do you.

This is where you're jumping to conclusions again based on your anti-Oculus agenda.

Curious about Lucky's Tale. It appeared to be a retrospective block of those who weren't intended to receive the game for free. There were reports of DK2 users being blocked out too, not just Revive users.

It actually disappeared from my Oculus library but after I paid for it all was well.

Revive granting access to software for which a person doesn't have the rights is dodgy ground.

I recall reading Oculus don't test updates against Revive but don't actively go out of their way to incorporate it. they just leave it to the ReVive team to update themselves.

Its Reminds me of steam being the ones that released an update to SteamVR that allowed Rift users to be able to play DoomVFR.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom