VR Gaming Chat

I never said you need to but is Constellation dead or not?

Was interesting that Ars concluded the ROFL-S was overpriced. Think I can see their point though.

@Atmos posting that cover was a beautiful discredit of all Time's opinions on VR. Thanks for that, you've made my day and its still early :D

@Presuming Ed we could go for the HP Refurb... cause it seems they took an old WMR headset and refurbished it with 4k screens that aren't actually very suitable for VR... Meh, not feeling it. I'll keep working on it.

Was interesting that Ars concluded the ROFL-S was overpriced. Think I can see their point though.

I'd agree with that. It seems to me like a cheaper way of making the Rift, which means they can discount it more at sale time. Maybe £200? Even £150?

@Presuming Ed we could go for the HP Refurb... cause it seems they took an old WMR headset and refurbished it with 4k screens that aren't actually very suitable for VR... Meh, not feeling it. I'll keep working on it.

Not a bad first attempt. Quite like it.

@Atmos posting that cover was a beautiful discredit of all Time's opinions on VR. Thanks for that, you've made my day and its still early :D

You’re Welcome.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the Quest will be a gateway drug for the masses to move into better VR experiences with PC or console. Time will tell.

What's great is we now have a sizeable selection of PC headsets to chose from covering a range of capability and price. Compare this to three years ago when really there were really only 2 realistic choices.

For Reference - per eye.

Refurb - 2160x2160 (4.6 mp)
Pimax - 2560x1440 (3.6 mp)
Index - 1440x1600 RGB (2.3 mp)
Vive Pro - 1440x1600 Pentile (2.3mp)
Rift S - 1280x1440 (1.8 mp)
GO - 1280x1440 (1.8 mp)
Vive - 1080x1200 pentile (1.3 mp)
Rift - 1080x1200 pentile (1.3 mp)

Are you kidding? Remember this from Time?

View attachment 1150403

Where’s Luckey and the Rift now?

Constellation gone. Iribe gone. Lenovo producing RiftS. No high end PCVR. The hardcore Oculus fan going to HP and Valve.

Oculus are a shadow of their former self.

At least they are being positive and trying to promote VR.

End of the day the product line you hate is going to be the dominant influence in the VR sector for the foreseeable future.
Your arguments are pointless.

I was on the Pimax last night and cranked up the resolution in SteamVR to an incredible 4600x4000 (SS150%) and I could still play Skyrim at 70fps. I was shocked. Never seen a better looking VR image.

At least they are being positive and trying to promote VR.

End of the day the product line you hate is going to be the dominant influence in the VR sector for the foreseeable future.
Your arguments are pointless.

It’s not pointless. Index can’t compete as Valve can’t make enough of the things and sold out till August.

Don’t forget Vive is still selling. HP could drop the price too, it’s only a WMR HMD with high res screen. Refurb could be down to £399 in no time.

Don’t know what you mean.
maxresdefault.jpg

It’s not pointless. Index can’t compete as Valve can’t make enough of the things and sold out till August.

Don’t forget Vive is still selling. HP could drop the price too, it’s only a WMR HMD with high res screen. Refurb could be down to £399 in no time.

Valve are making them to order. I don’t think that’s classed as sold out. Nintendo’s been doing this for years.

I have ‘friends’ too but once you go past the resolution of the ‘video’ it doesn’t look much better. Watching 8k on YouTube is jaw dropping. Sadly no friends there though.

A simpler time...

Valve are making them to order. I don’t think that’s classed as sold out. Nintendo’s been doing this for years.

If Valve could make more I’m sure they’d want to sell more at £919 a pop.

I never said you need to but is Constellation dead or not?
it is in the Rift S for controller tracking so i would say no.

edit to explain..... My point is, Constellation is not in the bin... it has just evolved into Oculus Insight.
The name may be different but the technology behind it is related.

Last edited:
in other non argumentitive news :)

i will post in the bargains section however i believe this game is meant to be good and is currently 93% off.

City Defender 93% off

City Defender

it is in the Rift S so i would say no.

I’m looking forward to the RiftS tear down.

It’s interesting. Valve might be holding out on Inside out tracking to favour LH while Oculus might be holding out on Constellation to favour inside out. Who knows what will happen.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom