• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

VPN on Sky CONNECT slowed down this week ? Any ideas?

RickT

Standard Member
Hello,

VPN has been covered a lot in the past here and on other forums, which I have read but not found the answer to my question.

I am currently on "CONNECT" (you may see from another thread i can leave within contract due to the poor service i have had due to connection speeds at peak times, but less about that now)and in the meantime between switching from CONNECT I have a question regarding VPN.

I currently have one of the NEW Black Netgear Router's and VPN works fine when OFF PEAK -

Off Peak a Speedtest.net returns a connection of 5.00mb which i can live with..

However..... PEAK TIMES, i only get a 0.02kbps connection!!!!! If i run a speedtest,net side by side with my personal laptop that gets a steady 0.70kbps at peak times.

Im fully aware of SKY's traffic management application, but was not aware it can and does throttle VPN at peak times too??

Is there any way around this??

The VPN worked ok at peak times all last week slow, but workable but seems to have nose dived this week..

Has anyone else seen this in the last week or have any advice??

Cheers

Rick

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom