VPN issues

averagedarren

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just installed NordVPN on my XH9505 from the App Store to have a look at the US Netflix as I heard it has a lot more choice than the UK variant. When trying to login or even create an account I am met with the message "Login failed. We hit an authentication error. Please try again." I have tried this several times, even switching off and unplugging the TV but still getting the same message. I was wondering if anyone could help or provide an insight as to why it's not working.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20201203_101851.jpg
    IMG_20201203_101851.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 47
Hi,

I have just installed NordVPN on my XH9505 from the App Store to have a look at the US Netflix as I heard it has a lot more choice than the UK variant. When trying to login or even create an account I am met with the message "Login failed. We hit an authentication error. Please try again." I have tried this several times, even switching off and unplugging the TV but still getting the same message. I was wondering if anyone could help or provide an insight as to why it's not working.

Thanks.
Netflix are Geoblocking this attempted circumvention.

Hi I am trying to do similar with HBO Max. I've installed NordVPN on my A1 and successfully set up a VPN. I also created a google account for America and was able to download and signup to HBO Max on my android phone. However even after swapping google accounts on the TV, google play will not show US apps. Anyone got any ideas?

Hmmm, logged in to Netflix USA here via Nordvpn. Got the email from them telling me there is a new login from New York.

So it doesn't look like it is geo-blocking, I can play USA only Music Pizza for example?

Last edited:
Yeah i think my new 2nd Google account reverted to UK for some reason. Will try sideloading the app

Nord vpn supports router level.vpn.
If you have an account put the vpn details in your router and all of your home network will be vpn'd

The thing that fixed it for me was changing from NordVpn to Surfshark, works a treat now.

Oh and split tunnelling! I.e. only selecting American apps to route via the VPN. Others will be outside the VPN tunnel.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom