1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VPL-VW11HT & PC 'clicking' ????

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MarkHudds, Oct 2, 2002.

1. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Finally received a replacement projector from Techtronics (my original 11HT went back due to a bright green stuck open pixel) ... so that's a good result for the campaign against dead pixels!!! Would appear that Sony are more inclined to replace projectors even with only 1 dead pixel if this is of the bright green open type?

Anway I'm a happy bunny!!!

I've been experimenting with hooking up my PC and have found that the 11HT seems to 'click' a number of times before displaying the PC display. This clicking can be between 2 and 50 clicks while it appears to be searching for the correct resolution/frequency etc ... is this normal????

Also, can anyone help with how I get my Radeon 8500DV to output the magic 1366x768 native resolution of the 11HT?

I've read on a few threads about increasing black levels by adding a CC Filter? I was looking at the www.enhancedht.com ones ... anyone had any experience of these?

Thanks all!!

2. Feccy35

Feccy35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just curious - how did you connect the PJ & PC (what cable)

Fec

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Powerstrip available here .

Do a search here for the settings. I'm sure they've been posted by someone.

4. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I used a VGA breakout lead from www.bettercables.com ... expensive but worth it! Basically a 15pin VGA plug to 5 RCA plugs for RGBHV into projector.

Kramer - thanks for the links, I've got powerstrip going now, and I've managed to get the projector at 1366x768 ...

... me thinks I might not need my stand alone DVD player anymore!!! ;) (Just need to get the HCPC fan noise down now though!)

Clicking has stopped too, think this was the projector trying to lock into an unsupported signal from the PC.

So then, who's done a successful SMART calibration on a 11HT then? Can you get in touch with me, as I'd really like to find out how easy/difficult it is to do... thanks.