1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VPL HS10 Lamp overheating???

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dmoore, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Dmoore

Dmoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I've just purchased a the HS 10 from Price Japan.
    As soon as I got it home I set it up and thought I'd try Star wars 2 DVD on it. I put it on and was blown away.
    Then, after about 10 minuets I lost the picture!
    There is a light on the projector which say's Lamp/cover. In the manual it say's: Lamp come to the end of it's life; this is impossible.
    OR Lamp overheated, wait one minuet and turn it back on again. This works, however the same thing happens again and again.
    I wonder if it may be the fan but this seems to be working OK. I can feel warm air coming out of only one of the exhaust vents.
    Has anyone else experienced this problem and/or know the solution.
    I really don't fancy spending another £100 to send it back to Japan.

Any feedback appreciated
    Regards
    David :confused:

2. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure that you are not accdientally blocking the inlet vents on the bottom. This could happen if it is sitting on something soft.

Make sure that the HS10 is sitting with a decent gap underneath it on a hard surface so that air can get in the vents underneath.

3. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    I agree with everything that John has said. If this does not sort out the problem check out this, but be prepared for a long read. The summary of the thread is that some HS10s have a dodgy bulb and needs to be replaced. I bought my HS10 from Pricejapan also but I have had no problems after 70 hours. However, that is not to say that I won't so I am interested in how you get on.

Keep us posted and good luck

Conor

4. Dmoore

Dmoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's solved my problem, thanks a lot guys. I had it resting on a couple of books, so I moved them...problem fixed.
    Regards David:)

5. reggs

reggs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ditto & THANX - problem solved!

My HS10 turned up yesterday and I had the same problem. I had just placed the unit on a soft chair to check everything was working. Of course, the test lasted rather longer than I had expected as I was so gobsmacked with the picture :eek:
    Pricejapan are an awsome supplier! I ordered the HS10 on Thursday afternoon and it was deliverd on Monday morning!