1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VPD5000i Please help

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by shaz70, Oct 5, 2005.

1. shaz70

shaz70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can anyone help me I just bought a VPD5000i camcorder camera and they told me I could transfer to dvd I have tried for three days but the playback is slow and not good does anyone else have one or knows anything about them I have tried to use the software that comes with it but it doesnt seem to work properley.
    Please help?

2. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Who makes the camcorder and does it have a firewire output?

What is the name of the software you are presently using?

3. shaz70

shaz70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The camcorder is a samsung and I am using windows movie maker and I have tried the software that came with the camcorder which is ulead video studio se version 5. is there anything else you need to know I do have firewire I have downloaded the movie but I dont know how to convert from avi file to dvd
    Thanks again Shaz

4. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hi

I would suggest you download the trial version of Pinnacle Studio 9 or Ulead DVD Studio 9. Both software applications provide a one stop catpure, edit, dump to DVD with chapters and menu functionality.

Both are pretty easy to use if you take the time to read the instruction manual.

To be honest Windows DVD movie maker is very limited and the last time I used it there is no way to make a DVD from edited footage. You would need a third party application to import the edited AVI file to make the DVD.

Give Ulead or Pinnacle a whirl and see how you get on. THe software is pretty cheap and you can probably even pick a copy up from ebay for less than a tenner.

5. shaz70

shaz70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Laser I appreciate your feedback I will give it a go.
    Cheers, Shaz

6. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,425
    Pinnacle Studio can be fairly unstable on many PC's, but a few do find it rock solid. I guess it's just hit & miss as to wheather it will keep crashing or not. If you do decide to Buy Pinnacle Studio then it may be better to wait a while as version 10 is about to be released.
    Other favourite editing packages are Ulead Video Studio, Adobe Premiere Elements and Sony Vegus Studio. All cost around £40 - £50 and include DVD authoring tools. They can also be downloaded for a free 30 day trial from the relevent web sites.

If you are happy with Movie Maker then you could keep useing that for capture & editing and just buy a DVD authoring program such as Ulead DVD Movie Factory for around £30. This will give slightly better DVD tools than those in the editing software mentioned above.

Mark.

7. shaz70

shaz70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tHANKS mARK APPERECIATE YOUR TIME
    sHAZ