1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VPA Compact - best mini PDA/phone so far

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Dog with 3 legs, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Dog with 3 legs

Dog with 3 legs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought an i-mate jam some time ago but then passed that onto a frend who was visiting from overseas.

I then went to the MDA Compact as T-mobile were doing a good deal. This got nicked whilst I was in SE Asia so I needed a replaement.

Vodafone have just sent me their equivalent - The VPA compact. Of the 3 the VPA is by far the best in it's firmware implementation. Everything works, bluetooth, good sound, no crashes.

ROM version 1.11
    Radio 1.11
    Ext ROM 1.11.204

Looking forward to when these things get built in WiFi.

Hope this helps someone.

2. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    In all fairness the VPA has had an extra 7 months to iron out some (extremely small compared to the MDA rom) issues with this fine piece of hardware. But still, any progress is some progress! Personally i had no problem with the MDA rom still a great phone!

3. spamboy

spamboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where did you get your vpa from? I've been trying to get one in the uk and they refuse to acknowledge it exists.

Thanks,

SB

4. spamboy

spamboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got a call from vodafone - was terminating my account to move to 02 to get one and finally someone got a clue and worked out they had them on their system. Scary, they nearly lost me as a customer because their upgrade people were too stupid to work out that they had it as a phone from their business department. I'd move to another network if I wasn't so lazy...

Vodafone :thumbsdow