VP50 up for grabs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Spaniard

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that I am selling my VP50 due to the purchase of an Onkyo 905 and I need more space in the cabinet (currently occupied by the VP50) due to the excessive heat output of the amp.

The 905 has REON processing so hopefully I wont see too much of a difference?

Anyone interested in the VP50 should check out my thread in the sales forum.

o27

You really thinkt the Reon in the 905 is better than an dedicated VP as the Vp50?

The Spaniard

Not at all - I am just struggling for room for the amp and it does after all have some processing/upscaling capability.

madgames

You had a chance to compare the amps processing to the VP50s yet mate ?
If its as good or better i too will be selling my VP50 and Onkyo 605 and getting a 905 :)

The Spaniard

Hi Madgames,

I wish I had!

The 905 is still in the box as I am up to my eyes at work, etc at the moment so hope to have a play at the weekend.

I reckon I will sell the VP50 (if I can) due to the fact that most of my sources are now HDDVD or Blu ray, except for freeview and I expect/hope the 905 will cope with this.

It will then give me the extra room I need and tidy things up a little!

Not a sniff yet on the VP50 though..............

o27

Just rember to throw in a few lines here when you have tried it out - alright?;)

Also if you have any chance to see what the Reon can do with a SD TV signal - if you have that?

madgames

Thanks Spaniard.
Let me know what your thoughts are soon as you get a chance
Im seriously considering getting rid of my VP50 and replacing it with one of these too.
Could you do me a favour and measure the height of it as i need to knwo whether itll fit in my tv stand.

Looking forward to your report

Cheers

John

The Spaniard

Hi John,

In old money its 7 1/2" high and to give it the recommended clearance above the unit you need a space approximately 12" high.

I have not got this much room - around 10 1/2 inches but I am hoping to get away with it as I am definitely not going to fanny around fitting fans, etc.

madgames

Thanks for the info
I too cant be bothered with all that fan rubbish
If mine fits and its a tight fit i will take a risk. Just interested to know the diff in pic quality re the vp50
You had any better sniffs on it yet ?

The Spaniard

Nowt, Nothing, Zip, etc

I think it must be because processors are at the top end of home kit compared to, say a DVD player, and as a result the market for them is much less.

I will keep trying as I think it is a cracking bit of kit for someone but I certainly wont be giving it away.

madgames

Dont blame you Gary
I would be happy with £800-£900 for mine
If i dont get that ill probably stick it in the playroom.
You considered trying ebay ?
Might be worth a try

Cheers
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom