VP50 flashing blue

dpstjp

I've just bought a Toshiba HD-XE1, and plugging it into my VP50 I get a flashing blue light telling me that there's an HDCP problem. I get a picture of the menu briefly on my EX5000 before the curtains close and I get left with a blank screen.

I've tried swapping HDMI inputs between 1 to 4 but I get the same thing on each.

Any thoughts? I'm running v1.04 on the VP50. I haven't upgraded to 1.06 yet as I wanted to make sure it was stable.

Many thanks,

dpstjp

dpstjp

Well the light no longer flashes. I'm using the DVI-in socket on the 5000EX.

I find that switching off DHCP on both the input and the output of the VP50 stops the blue light flashing. Only problem is I still get no picture. The VP50 tells me that it can see a signal on the HDMI input. It knows it's 1080P-60hz. I can get a glimpse of a picture if I toggle the DHCP on on the input, but then the curtains close and I get a blank screen.

I've checked the SVHS feed and that works fine, so a picture is definitely being created.

I managed to get a brief picture also by unlocking the output frame rate, but I cannot replicate this at all now.

All thoughts welcome.

Many thanks,

dpstjp

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom