VP20 not HDMI v1.3 compatible

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by whitehead, Jan 16, 2008.

1. whitehead

whitehead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Please help me!:lease:

My VP20 will not give any output, except HDMI pass -through, to my Philips 42PFL7862D TV. I have the latest software update for the TV and the 1.03 update for the VP20. I have tried different inputs which include a SKY HD box on HDMI, a Sony PS3 on HDMI, a DVD player on svideo on all the different formats, but the VP20 will not produce an output which the TV will recognise, except on HDMI pass-through. In fact when I try to output the VP20 in the test card mode the VP20 will freeze and I have to withdraw the power cable and reboot it, and even that will take two or three attempts to reset it.:mad:

I have even had the TV replaced, same model, but with no difference. My previous Philips TV a 42PFL7621D, which I sold on, worked very well with the VP20. It seems that the VP20 will not work with the HDMI version 1.3 which my new TV has. The old one had HDMI version 1.1 and was O.K.

Is there an answer to my problem or do I just junk the VP20!!!!

I have sent Emails to Philips and Anchor Bay, but no replies yet.:(

2. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    HDMI 1.3 works with all previous versions of HDMI. This is unlikely a HDMI issue, unless your new TV is not happy with HDCP handshaking.

It's more likely that the resolution which your VP20 is trying to send out is not being recognized by the TV. Try changing it to a standard 720p or something and see if that shows a picture. Also make sure you aren't doing anything daft like looking at the wrong input on the new TV, or not having the new TV setup correctly!!!!