Voyage of Time (Dir: Terrence Malick)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
There are two versions the documentary, '30 years in the making', a 40min IMAX version narrated by Brad Pitt. Some of the footage ended up in the origin of the universe sequence from The Tree of Life.

Voyage Of Time is a one-of-a-kind celebration of life and the grand history of the cosmos, transporting audiences into a vast yet up-close-and personal journey that spans the eons from the Big Bang to the dinosaur age to our present human world … and beyond.

A Cate Blanchett’s 90-minute 35mm version with a totally different perspective with a few previously unseen shots

'Voyage of Time' Trailer: Terrence Malick's Ambitious IMAX Documentary Looks Stunning

Last edited:
voyage_of_time_xlg.jpg

WOW! That poster is something else! I see a lot of sacred geometry in it! Obviously the Fibonacci spiral leaps out at us but I can also see other geometric shapes.

I wish I'd seen this at an IMAX. Anybody do so when it was initially released?

The genesis of the universe sequence in The Tree of Life was one of the most mind-blowing parts of that film. So I'm going to assume that this was more of the same, but on a grander scale!

WOW! That poster is something else! I see a lot of sacred geometry in it! Obviously the Fibonacci spiral leaps out at us but I can also see other geometric shapes.

I wish I'd seen this at an IMAX. Anybody do so when it was initially released?

Wiki; IMAX on October 7, 2016.

Reviews

92% Rotten Toms

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom