Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • SNP

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Are you saying your Postal Vote letter actually had it in the envelope or just that you got a separate Conservative envelope the same day ?

Separate envelope on same day.

CCHQ are not the government, they're a private entity so I assumed they didn't have access to personal data. I was wrong.

Separate envelope on same day.

CCHQ are not the government, they're a private entity so I assumed they didn't have access to personal data. I was wrong.

Likely timing just coincidence then. I have had separate letter form Labour, Liberal & TBP over the last week (no Tory or Green one yet).

Likely timing just coincidence then. I have had separate letter form Labour, Liberal & TBP over the last week (no Tory or Green one yet).

I had a letter from the Tories, 2 identical letters from Labour (great use of funds there), plus a letter from an independent guy who looked good, other than the fact that he was a candidate for a different area than the one I'm voting in. :rotfl:

I had a letter from the Tories, 2 identical letters from Labour (great use of funds there), plus a letter from an independent guy who looked good, other than the fact that he was a candidate for a different area than the one I'm voting in. :rotfl:
We've only had a letter from our local Conservative MP. Nobody else has bothered as yet. It has been like that for decades where we live.

We've only had a letter from our local Conservative MP. Nobody else has bothered as yet. It has been like that for decades where we live.

Is your area a nailed on win for a certain party?
One so much that the other parties don't even bother doing anything as they know they won't ever win?

We've been inundated with Lib Dem literature, less so from the Tories, and nothing from anyone else.

We've been inundated with Lib Dem literature, less so from the Tories, and nothing from anyone else.

You can have these if you want - I think the wife has decided we don't need them :D

election.jpg

Sending out information at the same time and separately isn't illegal.

The Electoral Commission confirmed it is illegal to send out any such material in postal ballot packs - which must only contain a ballot paper, postal voting statement and instructions.

However the commission said parties find ways to get their material out at a similar time, adding: "Political parties often know when poll cards and postal vote packs are due to go out and may time the delivery of their leaflets to arrive in the same post."

What is illegal was what Dan Snow claimed had happened and then retracted. As it had happened to no one else at the time he later admitted he must have been wrong.

A spokesperson for the Electoral Commission told the A&T that local authorities must ensure fair play but said there was nothing in law that specifically banned election materials being sent with postal ballots.

He said: “The law states what must be included in a postal ballot pack but not what cannot be included in it. These packs are issued by the local authority and the regional returning officer.”

Seems like it is massively mis-presented. Steak and Cake's original post seemed to suggest it came in his postal vote envelope, but it didn't it happened to be in the same delivery. I happened to get my postal vote in the same delivery as a plea from the Lib Dems, I don't think it was related.

It also came with a leaflet from Dominos Pizzas, is there a conspiracy afoot?

Seems like it is massively mis-presented. Steak and Cake's original post seemed to suggest it came in his postal vote envelope, but it didn't it happened to be in the same delivery. I happened to get my postal vote in the same delivery as a plea from the Lib Dems, I don't think it was related.

It also came with a leaflet from Dominos Pizzas, is there a conspiracy afoot?
At least with Dominos, I'd be allowed to vote; a double pepperoni and mushroom would be my choice. And I normally get legally apply some avoidance through an online voucher scheme. Unlike labour who would want me to pay extra...

Sending out information at the same time and separately isn't illegal.

The Electoral Commission confirmed it is illegal to send out any such material in postal ballot packs - which must only contain a ballot paper, postal voting statement and instructions.

However the commission said parties find ways to get their material out at a similar time, adding: "Political parties often know when poll cards and postal vote packs are due to go out and may time the delivery of their leaflets to arrive in the same post."

What is illegal was what Dan Snow claimed had happened and then retracted. As it had happened to no one else at the time he later admitted he must have been wrong.

A spokesperson for the Electoral Commission told the A&T that local authorities must ensure fair play but said there was nothing in law that specifically banned election materials being sent with postal ballots.

He said: “The law states what must be included in a postal ballot pack but not what cannot be included in it. These packs are issued by the local authority and the regional returning officer.”

I hear one of the Tory candidates has changed his name by deed poll to “Votes Labar” 🤣

My postal vote came 1st Class, it was accompanied by literature sent 2nd Class. There is no way this was anything other than a coincidence.

I live overseas and am registered for a postal vote, but have yet to receive the ballot papers.

Seems like an almighty !@#*-up not to have papers yet. Even if I do get the stuff tomorrow, there is no guarantee that my vote will get to count, what with xmas post... #disenfranchised

I thought Boris had only written to me.. Turns out it wasn’t as personal as I thought!
And it did not come with postal vote.

^ I haven't been able to vote yet, what with no papers...

My last (UK) address was in a Tory stronghold, but the sitting MP has decided to leave the Conservatives due to BREXIT and become independent.

Am trying to figure out whether he will get back in as an independent, or will voting tactically for the LD candidate get a better result, as there is also a new Tory candidate, a Green candidate and a Labour candidate (who have no chance of getting in), who will all split the vote.

It's probably all academic, as postal voting papers still haven't arrived!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom