• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Vonage keeps dropping mid call- any suggestions please?

pressieshopping

Standard Member
Hi

Since we've had Vonage, our internet (Virgin Media) is constantly dropping...I think its the router crashing but am unsure!

My current setup is virgin modem going to a linksys router (BEFSR41 V2) and that goes to a wifi router (hauwei and also tried netgear power plugs before that) and the vonage standard router.

Half way through a call, the call will drop and the only way to get the phone or internet back is to restart all the routers/modems...

anyone got any idea why this is happening or how to fix it? I think it might be the Linksys router dropping the calls and crashing out but I can't tell :(

Its driving me insane!!!!!!

EnzoVNG

Standard Member
Hi Mariag

Enzo from Vonage UK here, how are you?

Looking at your post, it looks like the issue is with your internet service provider. Have you tried contacting them with reference to this issue?

I believe that the reason why your VOIP calls with us are being dropped is because your internet connection is cutting off continuously.

Please let me know once you've been in touch with your ISP if there is anything we can do on our side. I'd be happy to investigate.

Thanks
Enzo at Vonage UK

Vonage UK | Facebook
Enzo at Vonage (VonageUK) on Twitter

pressieshopping

Standard Member
After yet another call to Vonage the guy walked me though doing something with the dmz host (setting it to the same as the route IP address) and that seems to have done the trick FINALLY!!

still get crappy call quality mostly and huge delays but at least it works now!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom