Volvo S60 Wing Mirror Indicator Bulb

Jowsey

Established Member
Reaction score
Doing a quick check of the car has shown that the indicator on my wing mirror has stopped indicating!

Thought I'd give it a quick Google and order the bulb and replace it but for the life of me I can't find out what kind if bulb it is!

Even the owners manual which lists loads of bulbs, including interior lights, omits this one!

Anyone able to shine a light on the situation?

You sure its not a sealed led unit?

Why don't you remove the old one and match it up?
Most of these usually have a large capless bulb fitted, but from experience you would be best advised to remove the old one and go to the shop with it....assuming it isn't led.
The last one I fitted was a Renault one which had to be purchased from the dealer as nobody stocked it!

This one maybe?

Orange 5W Capless Indicator Bulb

That was linked from a lens assembly that only fitted the gen 1 S60. You may still have to have a look at what you have and see if that bulb will fit. Or contact that company as they seem to have some idea of Volvo bits :)

This one maybe?

Orange 5W Capless Indicator Bulb

That was linked from a lens assembly that only fitted the gen 1 S60. You may still have to have a look at what you have and see if that bulb will fit. Or contact that company as they seem to have some idea of Volvo bits :)

This is the lens assembly for the post 2011 S60

Door Mirror Turn Indicator Lens S60 V60 2011 Onwards.

Interesting that doesn’t say the bulb isn’t included. Maybe that model changed to LED.....

I would contact them before taking things to bits I think

Thanks. I'm glad that other people have used there Google-fu and came to the same response. I'll get in contact with someone who knows a little more and see what the situation is!

Thanks. I'm glad that other people have used there Google-fu and came to the same response. I'll get in contact with someone who knows a little more and see what the situation is!
I presume this is meant to sarcastic? If so you are welcome :)

You first post says you googled but if you found that website why wouldnt you contact them and ask?

@car-man is one who knows more and his advice isn’t much different?

Anyhoo - good luck :)

I presume this is meant to sarcastic? If so you are welcome :)

You first post says you googled but if you found that website why wouldnt you contact them and ask?

@car-man is one who knows more and his advice isn’t much different?

Anyhoo - good luck :)

No! Certainly not sarcastic! I'm just a little glad that I haven't missed something obvious.

I haven't rang the company as I haven't gotten round to it yet and, if I'm being honest, if it was a stupid question, I'd rather ask it here than on the phone to an expert!

Thanks for the help, I'll give them a ring asap :) Tah.

I have managed to speak to my son who is a Volvo trained technician and he tells me that the bulb is the orange capless type mentioned by outoftheknow in a previous comment.

If you are replacing the bulb yourself you need to get a thin, flat piece of plastic and pry the outer cover away from the front section that contains the glass then flip the lens assembly away from the mirror assembly using the thin piece of plastic.
Pull out the small light unit and pull out the capless bulb...assemble in reverse order.

No! Certainly not sarcastic! I'm just a little glad that I haven't missed something obvious.
Apologies - I misunderstood. Damn text has no tone :)

It seems the less than £3 genuine article is all you need :)

Belated update on this!

Turns out someone must have smashed my mirror at one point as the bit of the lens buried in the unit was cracked and it was leaking water.

Local Volvo dealership replaced it for £30.00 including fitting next day. It needed doing as it's MOT is up very soon and i'm sure a faulty indicator is an MOT failure.

Very common on the mk2 octavia, they crack and let water in.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom