1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volume unlock, SonicStage 3.0, NW-HD3 and all that!!!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by *baggie*, Apr 15, 2005.

1. *baggie*

*baggie*
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I bit the bullet and did the lot in one go. The volume unlock went OK apart from the anticipated going off of the backlight which I still found unerving. There is a significant increase in the volume of the NW-HD3. The upgrade from Sonic Stage 2.3>3.0 was a breeze and please anticipate a database conversion. SonicStage 3.0 looks more stable, with some increased functionality particularly in the database search. Yes the NW-HD3 does have to be initialised prior to the transfer of new SonicStage database. Unerving to say the least!! And the transfer itself was a pain up the proverbial. I have a large database and do not attempt the automatic transfer unless you want to watch a computer doing nothing for a long time and probably in an endless loop. Instead transfer a few hundred tracks at a time and all will go well. I have to say I have a large powerful PC which probably made the process somewhat easier. Everything is now up and running fine and well worth the effort.

2. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

yep ill agree with all that, i have a good pc too though and it was still pushed by sonic stage, pathetic really concidering how simple the task ss was trying to perform.

3. lammy

lammy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have recently brought an HD3 on holiday and using it on Window XP, i dont see what the problem with the sonic stage program is, Its easy to use and does the tasks and fairly quick! Hopefully when i get home and install it on my computer Window 98 SE it will work the same!! I have had trouble with i tunes though as i have also brought and ipod too, because it takes a long time to connect with it and sometimes freezes.

4. rebusuber

rebusuber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I dont think it works on windows 98

5. smatharu

smatharu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I downloaded ss 3.0 as well and I can't seem to transfer any of my older songs to my reinitialized hd3. It complains that there is invalid rights management in the OpenMG data. Any ideas anyone? Properly stuck and VERY annoyed. :mad:

6. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    try re-formating, re-initialising? If not go back to 2.3 :rolleyes:

7. smatharu

smatharu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...it didn't work. Going back to 2.3 tonight. Now even more annoyed...

Thanks anyway.

8. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    Ver 3.1 is available now, UK/europe version. Maybe using ver 3 affected u? As when I used v3 it was US version.

9. micaab

micaab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Sorry to open up an old thread but I'm now getting the "Invalid Rights Management" on my SonicStage 3.1

This is on any item in my library which has been ripped to ATRAC 132 from my own CD collection (about 100 CDs so far). don't fancy doing them again.

Tried deleting them from Libray and re-importing, tried uninstalling and re-installing but no joy.

Last thing left for me is to rebuild my PC which is no big deal but i'd rather find a fix for this.

ANy ideas?

AB

10. T88

T88
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    er..sorry if i missed it but how do you 'crack' this european volume limit thingy i have heard about..i have the sony hd5hs...
    also, can it affect the player?!

11. micaab

micaab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    in case anyone is interested, the "invalid rights management" error occurs if you change your computer's name.

i renamed my PC so it meant a bit more to my missus when she saw it on the network but after that i could play any of the ATRAC files on my PC. so i'm guessing any CD ripped to ATRAC format has the PC name embedded in the file header!!!!

just so you know.

AB.