Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

volume problem on new freeview box.

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by flat spot, Sep 25, 2005.

1. flat spot

flat spot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Howdy, just bought a philips dtr200/05 box from Tesco. Got home plugged in all great. I've just scarted from the box straight to the tv(tosh 32zp18q) at the moment.
    All fine except the volume is really low even on its max. I can turn up the volume on the telly but it has to go really high before I get a significant change. It's the same if I put it through the amp. Is this rubbish volume normal? Is it this particular model or are they all the same? I can't see to connect it any different to make a change.

I bought this one from the bunch as it said it has dolby out on the box. Have a made a boo boo?

TIA F.S.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    All boxes have Dolby surround out. No Dolby Digital on Freeview - it doesn't exist.

3. SamRadford

SamRadford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    The audio from my Nokia 221T is certainly high enough. Your Freeview receiver may be faulty or just incompatible with your TV. Unfortunately many manufacturers interpret the Scart "standard" rather loosely. Well, it IS French! ;)

4. flat spot

flat spot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Thx for the replies. I've spoken to the old man who has a different box and he says his is the same. The tv volume (the same tv I might add) has to be very high to get a good volume through the box.

I have found the whole thing quite disappointing though. The picture looks pixilated (if that's a word) occasionally and of coarse all channels are now through the box which takes longer to change channels. Not much good for surfing.
    I'm gonna run 2 RF leads (I have one going to another room which I'll use) to the telly. 1 to the box the other directly into the telly so I can watch normal 1-5 channels as they were.

5. Lozza S

Lozza S
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have this box and I do find it very quiet hooked up to my Panasonic TV.

More worrying is that something stange began to happen tonight - It just locks up when you try to view E4. As soon as the EPG banner goes the screen turns blank and the box locks up. Odd.

Its a shame this box has problems as the pictur quality was great.