1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volume on Denon 3802 ???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Dunners1, Jun 23, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Dunners1

Dunners1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone watched 'Open Range' the Kevin Costner western yet??
    watched it last night and had to turn the volume up to simply unknown levels!!

We usually have the Denon set to about -18 to -10 however on starting the film we had to increase this to +5 !!!! leaving only a few notches left ??

The sound was ok but nothing to write home about even at this level....worried i put Ice Age on straight after and bingo back to + 15 giving good loud clear controlled sound this wasn't just a slight shift in volume to get to ordinary listening volume but in effect a full 14 notches???

Any Ideas? as i have watched hundreds of movies and even the Missus (who takes no real notice of the effort we put in and money said crikey turn it up i can't hear it!! )

Anyone else heard this?? picture on Panny still amazes me!!! after 2 years.

Kit- Denon 3802, DVD Denon 2200, Panny 100 KEF Eggs-Paragidm Ps1000 Sub

2. Dunners1

Dunners1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys think i have found out why the sound is why it is ,according to a post on DVD Reviews on this site it states by the reviewer that the sound is presented a full 10 db!!!! lower than normal DVD soundtracks ?? Why??? it ruins this DVD.....

First time i have seen this or heard it happen