Volume on blu-ray

tonethestone

Standard Member
Hi, soz if posted in wrong section.
I have Sony bdp-s350 player with Samsung tv, I always find when playing blu-ray that I have to turn tv volume up to max to hear the dialogue, can anyone suggest a blu-ray player or tv setting to try to make the volume work at more suitable level?

jaymac

Have alook in the 350 manual under audio settings
Audi drc is The dynamic range compression you ay have to select tv I think it is on auto by default .I have the 360 bwould think the 350 will be much the same

somersetpaul

Yes changing audio DRC to TV setting helps, but you will get the biggest improvement by changing BD audio setting to direct instead of mix. Don't know why this works but it does.

Only drawback is it turns commentaries off.

tonethestone

Standard Member
Yes changing audio DRC to TV setting helps, but you will get the biggest improvement by changing BD audio setting to direct instead of mix. Don't know why this works but it does.

Only drawback is it turns commentaries off.

Excellent thanks all for your help, is commentaries the subtitles, not like director commentaries and things?!

somersetpaul

Excellent thanks all for your help, is commentaries the subtitles, not like director commentaries and things?!

Yes it stops sending director commentaries mixed in with the other audio. You can soon turn it back on if required, but your volume will decrease again.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom