Quantcast

Volume Levels - V6 Box, Samsung TV

PaulBox

I'm getting a bit fed up with the huge variations in volume levels between different channels / sources, is there anything I can do setting wise to fix it?

I'm running a V6 with a Samsung UHD TV, no sound bar or amp etc. And the difference in volume levels is huge. Last night my wife fell asleep while we were watching something on Netflix so I stopped that program and started something else, also on Netflix, which I've been watching on my own. The increase in volume was ridiculous, it woke her up and I had to put the crap thing "we" were watching back on.

Is there a setting i can change that does something that stops this? I've had a look through menus but can't see anything.

I'm not sure if the problem is TV or V6 related as I changed them both at the same time.

Smudger1

I have the same issue - usually when going from SD to HD channels, but I've got an amp, so it's driving more speakers. There's a partial solution here:
Virgin Media Volume !!!!
but as you're not using an amp, I'm not sure what difference it'll make

It will sometimes happen going from one SD channel to another (I noticed last night Alibi is very quiet), but I'm not sure what the fix is...

Von Smittle

You as well huh?

It's really irritating, I had a film on the other night and the volume was on 2 yet I could still hear everything fine as if the volume was on 6, we normally have the volume on 10 but that can be a huge variation to deafening or not quite enough.

PaulBox

I have the same issue - usually when going from SD to HD channels, but I've got an amp, so it's driving more speakers. There's a partial solution here:
Virgin Media Volume !!!!
but as you're not using an amp, I'm not sure what difference it'll make

It will sometimes happen going from one SD channel to another (I noticed last night Alibi is very quiet), but I'm not sure what the fix is...
Thanks for that, I think I'll try it anyway and see if it makes a difference.

For others:
RE: Virgin Media Volume !!!!
I have found a partial solution.
If you go into "Settings" in the Tivo menu, then "Audio", then change from "Doby Digital" to "Dolby Digital to PCM".
All the volume levels are the same for both sd and hd channels.
Only problem , you wont get Dolby Digital sound on Dolby Digital HD brodcasts.
I think ?????

Top Bottom