Volume display on tv when turning up receiver

cjschu203

Novice Member
Hello, I have an Yamaha RX-A760 that is hooked up via arc to the tv with everything flowing through it. When I watch cable the volume displays on the tv which is understandable since the cable box is flowing through the Yamaha and then to the TV. However when I turn on the smart key function of my LG C6 the volume no longer displays which I gather is due to the input going from the TV to the receiver. Anyway, are there an receivers out there, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz, that display the volume when watching the input from the TV like Netflix or Vudu? I really like this feature and now since I don't really watch cable much anymore, rather Netflix and such I'd like to have that feature. Thanks

gibbsy

Some receivers cannot display volume overlay in 4K TVs because they are limited to display on 1080. If you are using a receiver then the volume should display on the facia of the receiver. However I do find it strange that people would rather rely on a given display than use their ears.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Some receivers cannot display volume overlay in 4K TVs because they are limited to display on 1080. If you are using a receiver then the volume should display on the facia of the receiver. However I do find it strange that people would rather rely on a given display than use their ears.

He means that he wants a receiver that will allow him to display the receiver's onscreen volume display while using ARC.

Anyway, are there an receivers out there, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz, that display the volume when watching the input from the TV like Netflix or Vudu? I really like this feature and now since I don't really watch cable much anymore, rather Netflix and such I'd like to have that feature. Thanks

No, because the AV receiver's volume display in generated onboard the AV receiver. ARC conveys just audio from a TV to the receiver and not video or graphics from the receiver to the TV. How would the AV receiver mix in its onscreen graphics if the video you are watching is sourced via the TV and doesn;t ever passthrough the AV receiver?

gibbsy

He means that he wants a receiver that will allow him to display the receiver's onscreen volume display while using ARC.

No, because the AV receiver's volume display in generated onboard the AV receiver. ARC conveys just audio from a TV to the receiver and not video or graphics from the receiver to the TV. How would the AV receiver mix in its onscreen graphics if the video you are watching is sourced via the TV and doesn;t ever passthrough the AV receiver?
The solution is still the same. Good ole lugholes.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom