Volume difference between scart and aerial input

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by gordonfmoore, Mar 12, 2005.

1. gordonfmoore

gordonfmoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a Toshiba 32MW7DB a 32 inch CRT at 100Hz.

I have always noticed a difference in volume between the loud of tv aerial input and the quieter volume of SCART input.

Just one of thos things I've always wondered about and even more is there anything I can do to make them both the same?

Gordon

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Gordon,

It's probably not so much the Scart input itself, but the level of audio that you are feeding into it from your Digibox, DVD player etc.

Is it possible to turn up the audio level on those?

(I have to turn up the volume when watching a DVD. Trouble is, I always forget when going back to TV and the sound blasts out. :eek:

My dog is a nervous wreck! :rotfl: )

3. Simcom

Simcom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, my analogue is always louder than the digital and I have the same problem as Tight Git with the DVD.
    I have a Panasonic PD50 so it's nothing to do with the TV.

4. avio

avio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the Panasonic 32DTX40 you can alter the audio levels for all the AV inputs in the normal menu but not sure about other models

5. gordonfmoore

gordonfmoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My usual inputs are from a Pace NTL cable set top box and a Mitsubishi HS841T vhs video, and of course my media center, which is easy to change the volume on.

I'm going to be getting into the engineers menu tomorrow for another problem on the Pace so will have a look.

Gordon

6. gordonfmoore

gordonfmoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've managed to get into the engineers menu of my Pace box. There was an option for output volume that was set to -10. However no matter what I set it to (and save the changes) from -10 to +10. It won't stick. When I go back in it is reset to -10! Doh.

Gordon