• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Volume control in HD with Humax HDR

jaybee 17

Standard Member
Humax foxsat HDR with LG32LH3000 connected with hdmi cable. Volume control on remote works OK when watching normal SD transmissions, but when I watch either programmes recorded in HD from BBC or ITV or programmes direct from these stations in HD then the volume control on the remote has no effect on the sound and I have to use the volume control on the TV remote. Any suggestions please

Geofbob

Prominent Member
Have you looked in the manual - I recall seeing this in the PVR forum, and the answer was that it was the normal mode - the Humax volume control doesn't work over the HDMI link.

jaybee 17

Standard Member
Thanks geofbob, that's sort of what Humax said when I called their help desk, but didn't give me any solution. Unfortunately the manual isn't any use in fact I think it is wosre than useless on most things to do with the HDR

mccg

Established Member
It is technically impossible to alter the volume on a Dolby Digital Audio stream, as used on HD (without decoding & re-encoding it - which is not available on any consumer equipment - it would cost many hundreds of pounds).

You will have to use the volume control on your audio device for Dolby Digital.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom