Volterra, Italy

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Picture overlooking the Roman Theatre in Volterra, Tuscany, Italy. Was torn between this and a portrait version, will post that in the INV thread.

Canon 6D, Samyang 14mm f2.8 taken mid afternoon (not the ideal time for landscapes).

Processing - DXO to fix exposure, add a bit of saturation to the colours, sharpen a bit, fix the lens curvature and vignette then PSE11 to add a grad filter effect to the sky to darken it up a bit, also brings out the colours.

All comments welcome.

IMG_0996c
by A H, on Flickr

shotokan101

Banned
very nice but top of sky a it too blue for me viewing here...

Jim

rancidpunk

In Memoriam
Cracking view and shot. Only viewing on phone but as Jim says the upper part of the sky is a very dark blue.

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
No polariser but probably a bit heavy handed with the pp trying to mimic a grad filter in pse11. That said the skies were very clear an very blue anyway. Original pics on my Flickr (social is the jpg without a letter at the end, I add a letter every time I do some pp'ing).

Marika

You DO understand that Volterra is the place where they filmed Twilight, right? :love::love::love: And where Volturi lives? ;) That's an unfair attempt to fish for votes :D I must say I liked some of your other shots in Flickr better, but this is very nice too. Very telling of where it is, shouts Italian :)

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Having only seen the first film I did not know until I came back. They happened to have a classic car show in the town square which is much more up my street than vampires.

shotokan101

Banned
...well there is a classic car in that 2nd episode you know ;)

snerkler

Distinguished Member
Nice pic (shame about the link to Twilight :devil:) but I do prefer your other shot I'm afraid.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom