Vokera LInea 28 combi boiler

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by plasma123, Jan 22, 2008.

1. plasma123

plasma123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    OK,

I have the Vokera Linea 28 combi boiler. This supplies my hot water as when required, and also the radiators.

Each radiator has a knob at the bottom, with numbers ranging frm 1-5, 1 being cooler, 5 being hot.

However, there is no thermostat as such. Yes I could set all the radiators to 4, but I want to be abe to specify a temp and the boiler come on and off when it cools/heat.

The only digital thing the boiler has at the moment is a 7day programmable timer, which does a good job and is easy to use.

Is there a thermostat which can be retrofitted to this boiler. I would get a electrician/gas fitter? to install the boiler side of things. I would prefer wireless, with maybe a remote so i can override things from my bed.

Any ideas???

2. neilball

neilball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +643
    The boiler can be used with any standard room stat or programmer, it has internal wiring terminals for just such devices. I would probably go for a wireless programmable stat such as the Honeywell CM67Z or newer CM927 in conjunction with the wireless boiler relay. The room stat comes with a desk stand so you don't even have to fit it to the wall. If you install this kind of stat you simply put the on-board boiler clock into "on" mode so that time and temperature control is provided by your new stat.

3. plasma123

plasma123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    AH OK, so my current timer wold be set to on always, and the stat will take over control.

Are these things hard to wire in?

4. neilball

neilball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +643
    Assuming you are using a wireless programmable stat then it is dead easy - the room stat is battery powered and the boiler relay unit requires a 230v power supply (live & neutral) usually taken from the boiler circuit. Then inside the boiler are 2 terminals currently fitted with a wire link. One terminal is a permanent live, the other terminal is the switched live coming back from the control i.e.boiler relay. So you simply wire a 2 core flex from the boiler to the new boiler relay and that is that.

If you are using a wired stat then you wire from the same terminals in the boiler out to the new stat location. Most modern mains-powered room stats do not need a neutral connection any more.

HTH