• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Voice Recording & VOIP ?

medicalgiant

Hello,

I want to setup a telephone line, then ensure that even if the computer isn't on that ALL communications on that line are recorded.

I was thinking of something like Skype, I've heard that the ability to have what's said can be transcribed to text automatically through some plugin, but I'm a little sure about - whether there will be a recording should the PC not be ON?

I would appreciate your advice,

Thank you.

bsquared

Standard Member
If you're recording to the PC, then that would always need to be on. The only way you could do it without the PC on is using another 'always-on' device

medicalgiant

If you're recording to the PC, then that would always need to be on. The only way you could do it without the PC on is using another 'always-on' device

Ok, so there's not a Skype or VOIP device that automatically saves a file of the conversation, would it be possible if the PC was on?

I have a Panasonic KDE handset, it's got a 'record' function, the only problem is that it records and 'bleeps' during the process. the callers aren't likely to tell the truth and it's their lies I want to catch. I would like to find a cheap means of recording their calls, but without having to go crawling around the skirting boards starting tape recorders before accepting the calls :rotfl:

I thought that Skype or VOIP maybe an alternative to this, the PC can be kept on that's not a problem, I was just hoping there maybe a Skype compatible device that I could keep by the settee that would allow me to pick up the call, but be safe in the knowledge that it was being recorded to another device\PC.

Is that possible?

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom