• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

voice recognition in PC games

P

Pipod

Anyone know of any PC games that work with voice recognition? I've been trying to get my disabled friend into the technology age. I installed Dragon Naturally Speaking for her and now she can pretty much use almost any feature on the PC without a keyboard or mouse. She's actually faster than I am typed. Anyway, thought it was worth a shot to ask.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Star Trek Bridge Commander can work well but its a pain in the arse to set up.

WildeKarde

Distinguished Member
If you could look for a MS Sidewinder Game Voice (probably on ebay) then if I remember rightly it allowed you to configure any key command to voice command.

Might be an option to allow more game choices.

There is probably other software that allows the same functionality available that'll work for any game rather than the game needing the support.

Freaky

Standard Member
hello m8
may be a bit late but this may be worth looking at for your freind

http://peripherals.about.com/od/gamingperipherals/fr/voicebuddy.htm

The Voice Buddy Interactive Game Control Software is software that interfaces between your voice recognition microphone and any PC game. Once installed you can use your voice to activate commands and functions in game. Want your grenades, just say "grenades" or whatever other word your bind to that function via the Voice Buddy Interactive Game Control Software command interface.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom