Question Voice Control with Specific Model Smart TV?

Lynxx0r

Novice Member
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a remote (style BN59-012XXX) for my father's Samsung smart TV, specifically one with a microphone. However, the model he has (UN75RU7100FXZA) did not come with a mic remote, and instead has a remote style BN59-01315A. I bought a genuine Samsung remote that I've been looking for in the past (with a mic), but it did not work with our TV and instead only displayed "Not Available" whenever we tried to pair it or do anything with it - only the power button worked to turn the TV on and off. (I returned this remote shortly afterwards.)

I'm starting to question if that TV has voice control capabilities in the first place - unlike a very similar Samsung smart TV my father had before, it did not come with a remote with a microphone, and the new one I bought didn't work. Is there some way to check if the TV has that functionality before I try to buy a different remote with a mic in it, or does anyone know if that specific model TV (UN75RU7100FXZA) has voice control?

Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J/A80J OLED details, Best type of Amplification, Film & TV Show News + Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom