• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Voice chat problems

rasto1968

Standard Member
So I've just found out that voice chat is disabled in public areas in Home, but it is supposed to work in private spaces/clubs. So my brother and I were trying to use this feature earlier on this evening but we couldn't get it to work. We can use voice chat fine from the XMB chat option, but whenever we tried in Home it just wouldn't work. The 'Phone Call' option doesn't seem to work either, we could both hear the phone ringing and manage to answer it but after connecting we couldn't hear each other speak.

Has anyone else had similar problems ?

For reference, I am using the official headset and my brother was using a Giotek.

Cheers
Rob

derek1971

Prominent Member
Don't know why it wouldn't be working for the phone call - i have used this a few times without any problem.
When trying to chat in a private space not using the phone do you see the little mic icon appear when you press R2?

rasto1968

Standard Member
I didn't know you had to press R2, do you have to do this with the phone option as well ?

Cheers
Rob

derek1971

Prominent Member
iirc the phone option should work without pressing anything - it should also work even if you and the person you are talking to are not in the same area in home.

But for chat in private areas you need to be standing fairly close to the person you want to talk to and hold R2 when you want to talk. When you hold R2 a liitle mic icon appears to show you that you can be heard.

Hope that helps a bit.

rasto1968

Standard Member
Thanks Derek, I read the instructions and they confirm that you have to hold R2 for both talking and when using the phone feature. I hope they change this and make it more like the XMB chat option when making a phone call.

Cheers
Rob

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom