Voice chat in Wifi games?

Tokoloshe Man

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Can you have voice chat in wifi games? If so do you use the built in microphone and just talk into it, or do you need a specific headset?

Is it a case of people need to be on your friends list to be able to chat to them, or does it not matter?

If someone would be so kind as to explain how it all works, I would be grateful as I also go online with my 360 and voice chat really enhances the online experience. It would be good if I could do it with the DS.

Thx in advance.

I think voice comms are on their way for some of the future online releases, remember reading about it somewhere a couple months back.

Not sure if it'll be proper voice comms ala Xbox Live or a send/receive system similar to that used on the Ngage for Pathway to Glory.

SuperSeven said:
I thought voice worked in Metroid Prime?

I'm sure I read that too, isn't it only with people on your friends list though? And also I think you may only be able to talk at the start and end of each game.

Tokoloshe Man said:
I'm sure I read that too, isn't it only with people on your friends list though? And also I think you may only be able to talk at the start and end of each game.

Correct.

Not sure I would want voice chat in-game....its bad enough getting creamed at Tetris without getting laughed at in Japanese as well ;)

no voice chat ingame itself, I',m not sure if the DS is really powerfull enough for that, tetris perhaps could hav emanaged it, but not metroid or mario kart.

matroid I believe does it just in the pregame lobby with friends only.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom