Vogel's wall brackets for Panasonic TH-37PX70

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by BillTheButcher, Apr 27, 2007.

1. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hello all. :)

I'm just about to buy a Panasonic TH-37PX70 and I'm going to need a wall bracket for it. I'm currently looking at one of the following Vogel's brackets: EFW 6345 or EFW 6325. Are these any good?

I won't need to tilt it up and down (so I'm thinking maybe the 6345 would be overkill) but I will need to angle it from side to side.

Also of great importance is how close to the wall these brackets will allow you to position your TV. By that I mean, will the fitting of a bracket mean that the TV will stick out a long way from the wall? I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for reading. :cool:

2. SnapperJohn

SnapperJohn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Bill
    I don't know about the Vogel bracket, however, I looked long and hard at a lot of brackets, both expensive and cheap, before deciding on this one http://www.tvfixings.co.uk/cnb/shop...=catalogue-product_info-null&prodCategoryID=4

I am very impressed with how well its made and how quickly it was delivered. It come with a huge suppy of different bolts and brackets but there is just one perfect set that screws on to the back of the TH37PX70. You have to add two mm spacers (supplied) to make it a tight fit.

Once mounted it is about 15 cm from wall to front of the screen. :thumbsup: and once up there is no way the screen is coming off.

For £50 inc next day delivery it seems a good buy to me :smashin:

3. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thank you SnapperJohn. That's a really helpful post. :smashin:

I've had a look at the site and, because I'm after an adjustable mounting rather than a fixed one, I was looking at the SAP1 Dual Swing Wall Mount. For £129.99 you get the (black) SAP1 with the PWB1 included. :D

I've done a bit more research into the Vogel's and you have to order a separate bolt kit for the Panasonics so I'll be placing an order with tvfixings.co.uk on Monday.

Thanks again mate. Much appreciated. ;)

4. h0stile

h0stile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wanted to buy a Vogel 6305 for the 42PV70

http://www.vogels.com/detail.asp?ISSAID=44&ParentID=31&ChildID=80&PlineId=0

do I need different bolts than those already supplied with the plasma (if the plasma comes with bolts)?

sorry, I'm new to this and since it's my first plasma I wouldn't like to make a huge mistake.

The other option for me (since I'm not in the UK but in Eastern Europe) is to get a fixed support from OMB Italy

link here

http://www.ombitaly.it/eng/easysupport.htm

I was thinking about the easytilt model. price is around 50EUR.

thanks

5. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The SAP1 and PWB1 arrived on Thursday and my 37PX70 is being delivered on Monday. :D

One question about wall-mounting the SAP1 - it doesn't come with any screws and I'm not sure which ones to use. It will be going onto an external wall which is two bricks thick. Is there a recommended screw size/thickness for going into brick walls?

Cheers. :smashin:

6. rickylester

rickylester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Bill i mounted the pwb2 and i used a 7mm drill bit and fixed it with 8 Brown wall plugs,8x 4" screws with washers and it is solid.

7. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for the reply Ricky. Much appreciated. ;)

I'll report back on how the installation went after it's (hopefully) done tomorrow night. :eek: :D

8. rickylester

rickylester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hope everything goes ok with the installation it is quite easy the hardest thing is getting everything worked out so the panel is central on the wall the fixing is the easy bit.

9. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks mate. It's going to the left of a window, in the corner of the room (hence the need for the fully adjustable wall mount) so getting it central won't really be an issue.

Can't wait to get everything hooked up. :clap:

10. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    OK. Well the TV's finally arrived so the girlfriend and I spent some time this evening trying to work out how to put everything together.

It's going OK so far but I'm a bit worried about the spacers between the back of the TV and the brackets. We've followed the instructions carefully but to me it looks like the brackets may be too far off the back of the TV which will mean that a lot of the load is put through the 4 screws holding the brackets on, when the whole thing goes on the wall.

Can someone with experience of wall-mounting tell me if this looks alright so far?

Thanks a lot (and don't tell me to pay an installer :p). ;)

Attached Files:

11. rickylester

rickylester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Bill i used the smaller spacers on mine as quoted by Snapper John this keeps the tv close to the wall and evenly distributes the weight this is what John said.

I am very impressed with how well its made and how quickly it was delivered. It come with a huge supply of different bolts and brackets but there is just one perfect set that screws on to the back of the TH37PX70. You have to add two mm spacers (supplied) to make it a tight fit.

Best Regards
    Rick

12. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks Rick. I thought the taller spacers looked wrong. I will try the two mm spacers tonight. I think this will also mean that I need to use the shorter of the two sets of screws that fit the 37PX70.

We're hoping to assemble the SAP1 (the arm) tonight and then put the whole lot together tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience and advice. :cool:

13. rickylester

rickylester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    No problem Bill glad to be able to help.

14. SnapperJohn

SnapperJohn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Bill
    I hope that you changed the spacers to the 2mm ones, once you have you will see that the difference like is night and day. My TH37PX70 has been mounted for a couple of weeks now and there is now way it is coming of the wall in a hurry :smashin:
    As for the telly itself.... I have got the 200 hours run in time under my now (I am sure all that is just an urban myth these days) and I am delighted with the quality of the picture. I have changed the settings to normal rather than cinema as it pleases my eye more. The down side to all this is you start watching a load of crap on your telly just because the pictures so bloody good :eek:
    I also had my Sky HD installed at the weekend (I still resent the amount of money I have to pay these Pirates) and the quality on the HD channels is amazing.........must go now and get back to watching some underwater creatures humping each other five fathoms down :smashin:

Did I mention you end up watching crap.....?

15. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hello mate. I didn't get any 2mm spacers with the kit. :confused: I got the really long ones (as shown in the pics attached above) as well as 4x 10mm and 4x 5mm (there was a little sticker on the bag they came in giving me the measurements of each). I tried the 5mm and even the shortest screws were slightly too long. So I've put in the 10mm spacers and they seem to be a much better fit. I was worried with the huge spacers that a lot of the load would be going through the screws themselves rather than being transferred to the bracket. With the much smaller spacers it looks like the load transfer will be a lot more balanced. :)

:D

Thanks for the reply. :smashin:

16. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Finally got the wall mount kit installed on Saturday. After a bit of tweaking I managed to get the 5mm spacers between the struts and the back of the TV so all is well. It looks great and the arm has excellent adjustability and flexibility. :D

17. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,898
    Pictures please.:thumbsup:

Did you go for the swinging mount?

18. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I've got a load on my camera at home. I'll post them here once I've uploaded them. :)

Yes mate. I got the SAP1 arm which came with the PWB1 mount included in the price. It's an excellent bit of kit. :D

19. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,898
    Please post picture,thinking of buying a swinging mount to replace the wall mount i put up this weekend.:rolleyes:

20. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Oops. :oops:

If I remember I'll upload the pics tonight and post the links in the morning. ;)

21. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    As promised. :smashin:
    (Please excuse the state of the wall - we got a bit carried away drilling holes we didn't need and then having to fill them :oops:)

Here's the SAP1 (the plate next to it is the support plate that bolts onto the PWB1).
    [​IMG]

Here it is on the wall:
    [​IMG]

And with the PWB1 attached (the PWB1 struts attach directly to the TV):
    [​IMG]

With the 37PX70 attached.:
    [​IMG]

Here's a side shot of the TV - PWB1 strut on the right, TV on the left with a 5mm spacer circled in red:
    [​IMG]

It's an excellent arm and mount. It's really solidly constructed and very easy to adjust. :D

22. Martin M

Martin M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Bill.

Looking good :clap:

So how far is it from the wall to the front of the screen now?

What do you do about the cables having to extend when you swing the TV out - are they just tie wrapped to the bracket ie always at their maximum length?

I will be needing to run:
    - three component video
    - two stereo audio
    - coax aerial
    - power

Does that sound out of the question?

Cheers, Martin

23. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hello Martin. :)

I haven't measured the distance between the wall and the front of the screen yet. I'll post in here when I have. ;)

At the moment, the cables are all loose while we adjust the TV's position and get a feel for how much slack we need to leave in them. I don't foresee needing to swing the TV out very far into the room though. The reason for getting an arm over a fixed mount was because the TV is in the corner of the room so we need to be able to tilt it and adjust it from side to side rather than bring it out from the wall.

I'm running:
    - 3 component leads
    - 2 stereo audio leads (for the component input)
    - coaxial lead
    - power lead
    - VGA lead (for my girlfriend's laptop)

The PX70 comes with some really handy cable ties that plug into the back of the TV so I reckon all of these will fit inside one of them. :)

HTH. :smashin:

24. Crosbie

Crosbie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you bung TH-37PX60U as the search text into Amazon.co.uk you'll get a heck of a load of cheap wall mounts - that I presume work for the PX70 just as well.

Until I found that, I was looking at prices of around 300 quid!