Vogel's bracket won't fit

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Melter, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Melter

Melter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got myself a Vogel's EFW 1001 bracket on ebay to wall mount my new Philips 17PF9946 after checking on the Vogel's site that this bracket was compatible with my tv. After much effort securing the wall part of the bracket I removed the cover on the back of the tv to fit the Vogel's plate to it and find that it doesn't fit in the recess provided. The middle holes on the Vogel's plate line up with the holes on the tv but this means the top part of the plate extends past the top of the recess so the bracket won't sit flush at the top. What is going on? I've double-checked the Vogel's site and confirmed that I have the right bracket. Anyone noticed this, and any solutions please. :mad:

2. Melter

Melter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fired off an email to Vogels about this so interesting to hear their view on this, well for me anyway.

3. Melter

Melter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgot to do the follow up on this so here you are. Vogels responded promptly to tell me there was a solution to this and some extra parts would be needed which they sent me as soon as they had some in stock. This has worked out fine and the bracket is great if anyone is thinking of getting one. So bonus points for the Vogels support but then they lose a few for not making this info available on their site.

4. alscds

alscds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Vogels generaly are very good and the brackets will fit most lcd's/plasma's problem being they are universal so in your case you would have needed an extra fitment plate as you needed when you bought the old LG 15" also when vogels test them and say yes it fits such and such TV it means it will fit with adjustment . take the panny 26" lcd if you are using a vogels 2010 it will fit but you will notice that the top of the vertical bars stick up and are in full view so the answer is to trim the vertical bars vogels will tell you this if you call them and it wont void your warranty. also if you have a 42"/37" viera and your using a 2010 dont install it the way it tells you to you will need to turn the bracket upside down so the release catch is at the top of the panel instead of the bottom if the red button is at the bottom you will never get the panel off the wall because of the curve. hope this helps some of you