• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Vogels 6345 install

garan

Standard Member
Hi everyone,

I thought I'd share my experience of researching, purchasing and installing my new Sony TV.

I went for the Sony KDL40Z5500 on aesthetic grounds as much as visual and audio performance; the narrow surround means that the overall package isn't hugely different to my 12 month old 32" LCD.

The TV was bought to go on a wall, offset from the main sitting area in the room. This gave me the requirement that I needed an arm that could extend, turn and ideally tilt. It was the ability to alter the tilt without using an allen key which knocked the Dekomount and m-form products out of the running, leaving me with the only option of the more expensive Vogels 6345 product.

I ordered the mount from AV4Home | LCD wall mounts | Plasma mounting brackets | Projector wall brackets | Home cinema furniture UK | TV Furniture | Vogels Wall Mounts for next day, Saturday delivery with no troubles, adding the Sony/Panasonic additional fitting kit for no additional cost at the checkout.

The bracket came with a pack of wall mounting plugs and screws that were Fischer UX10 nylon plugs with silver hex head screws. 20 minutes later after a bit of faffing around with a spirit level and the cut-out template there were four holes in the wall and a bracket sticking out of the wall! The wall is a lightweight concrete block construction with a plaster finish. I did contemplate drilling holes, filling with resin and inserting threaded bar but then read a post elsewhere that made the point that kitchen cupboards holding considerately more weight are held up by a couple of screws and some plugs, making me think that the chem-bond/threaded bar method would be overkill.

It took a little longer than I expected to assemble the frame on the back of the LCD panel as I found the instructions a little cryptic and it needed two people to lift the TV onto the bracket and then one person to support it whilst the other person fitted and tightened the final nuts.

Cheers,

Garan.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom