• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Vodafone upgrade con - me thinks!

cunny678

Distinguished Member
Went to upgrade my phone today at phones4u! Long and the short is they could provide the phone I wanted free but could not upgrade me as unbeknown to me Vodaphone had put me on a business contract and they cannot be upgraded by third parties!!!!!!

I just wonder if there is some con going on here as I can now only upgrade direct with Vodafone and they do not supply the phone I am after:suicide:

Looks like I will be off to Orange tomorrow so I think they have shot themselves in the foot:oops:

Chris

mikim

I think that you will find the con (or mistake) lies with P4U.
Vodafone only sell phones directly on their network that are tried and tested with the VF network, thus reducing errors with service. Resellers sell you what they can, and don't care what happens to you after the deal has been signed. The Mobile companies often get the stick for the mistakes of the idiot resellers.

cunny678

Distinguished Member
I think that you will find the con (or mistake) lies with P4U.
Vodafone only sell phones directly on their network that are tried and tested with the VF network, thus reducing errors with service. Resellers sell you what they can, and don't care what happens to you after the deal has been signed. The Mobile companies often get the stick for the mistakes of the idiot resellers.

I see what you are saying, but I am afraid its not the case here! I took the contract out direct with Vodafone as a personal customer and without me asking they transferred me to a business contract! I was only going to p4u as Vodafone did noy supply the phone I wanted as an upgrade and p4u do!

Aparently 4pu or any other reseller cannot upgrade a business contract!! Thats what makes me think it may be some form of scam / con as i would have to go direct to Vodaphone for an upgrade and I would have had they supplied the phone I wanted!

Thanks for your comments - off to Orange to get it sorted:clap:

Chris

mikim

Wouldn’t it just be simpler to contact VF explain the problem, give them the details of the contract that you signed at the beginning… they will then switch you back onto the correct contract (if there was a mistake) and you can upgrade the handset where you like.
I don’t seem where VF are at fault here, it is highly likely that P4U got you to sign a contract to sell the phone, possibly knowing that it was actually a business contract to get the revenue, or even more likely there was an admin mistake somewhere between P4U and VF. The mobile operating companies don’t run a ‘Con’ system, this sort of activity sits with the resellers… but the network operator you are using always gets the stick… it’s a shame.

What ever you decide, and which ever operator you decide to go with, don’t buy from the high street resellers CPW, P4U etc, as these people don’t care about the after sales, once you walk out of the door you are handed back to the operator regardless for most issues, and this can be a minefield of problems if an error occurs.
Yes, the phone might be a few quid cheaper, but this is no substitute for the problems you might incur.

In my ‘personal’ experience, Orange are far from saints in the industry, I would recommend VF & O2 way before the others… and I have tried all of them. I believe ‘Three’ lasted 6 days :)

cunny678

Distinguished Member
I wanted to stay with Vodafone as I have not had any problems with them over the past 5 years. However, following many conversations with them trying to resolve matter they did not seem to be able to transfer me back to a personal contract.

All this is nothing to do with p4u other than they could not give me the phone I want on a Vodafone contract because someone at Vodafone put me on a business contract without my knowledge!

The suspicious part of me just thinks that maybe it was done as I would have to go back to Vodafone direct for an upgrade!!!!!

It may well have been a mistake, just wondered if anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks for your imput

Chris:smashin:

mikim

Sounds very bizarre that they wont return you to a personal contract if you are clearly not on business. Business contracts are usully for very high usage, and large phone sales (quantity based).

Oh well, I wish you all the best with getting it sorted. :thumbsup:

Out of interest what phone do you want to get?

cunny678

Distinguished Member
Sounds very bizarre that they wont return you to a personal contract if you are clearly not on business. Business contracts are usully for very high usage, and large phone sales (quantity based).

Oh well, I wish you all the best with getting it sorted. :thumbsup:

Out of interest what phone do you want to get?

Viewty................

techgirl

Standard Member
Hi Cunny,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems upgrading your account in a Phones 4U store due to your number being on a business contract.

It seems very strange that your account is registered as business as we have to take company information to set this up. I believe that there must have been some kind of system error or confusion when the account was originally set up.

If you'd like me to look into this for you please contact me via email by completing Vodafone's online contact form. Please include as much information as you can so that I can access your account. Please could you also include the code FIT135 to ensure that the email is directed to the Forum Intervention Team.

I'm confident that we can find out why your contract is registered as business and if it was down to a fault on Vodafone's part we can correct this so your account can be upgraded in the Phones 4U store

I look forward to your email.

Techgirl
Vodafone UK

cunny678

Distinguished Member
Hi Cunny,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems upgrading your account in a Phones 4U store due to your number being on a business contract.

It seems very strange that your account is registered as business as we have to take company information to set this up. I believe that there must have been some kind of system error or confusion when the account was originally set up.

If you'd like me to look into this for you please contact me via email by completing Vodafone's online contact form. Please include as much information as you can so that I can access your account. Please could you also include the code FIT135 to ensure that the email is directed to the Forum Intervention Team.

I'm confident that we can find out why your contract is registered as business and if it was down to a fault on Vodafone's part we can correct this so your account can be upgraded in the Phones 4U store

I look forward to your email.

Techgirl
Vodafone UK

Gone to Orange now - thanks anyway!

Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom