Vodafone - RANT

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Showoff, May 9, 2016.

1. Showoff

Showoff
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,137
    I've been trying for weeks now to upgrade my wife's SIM only Vodafone contract.

I'd like to order the 4GB Red bundle which should include:
    4GB UK data
    Unlimited UK minutes
    Unlimited UK texts
    2GB of roaming data
    Unlimited roaming text and minutes

Normally this would cost £22pm, however I can get Vodafone's Advantage discount on this of 20% taking the cost to £17.60pm, also going through Quidco should see me getting £60 cash back (though that is based on a per monthly cost of £22 which with the discount it wouldn't be, but should be £50 cash back at least, as this is what you get for £12pm or £15pm SIM only contracts.

I won't bore you all with the webchat transcripts as they are a joke, but basically I've not been able to get this processed for 2 weeks now..

The first time I tried their site kept crashing, or I was getting 404 page errors on two different PCs and using Explorer and Chrome.

When I did eventually get the order placed 2 weeks ago I then received this on a email:

ImageUploadedByAVForums1462815850.421395.jpg

So the first webchat was asking how they got from £17.60 to £19.07 + VAT taking the total costs back to £22pm? I was told this was sorted out after a 45 minute webchat, however I noticed the contract 2 weeks later is still the old one, so this didn't happen???

So I try again today..

This time firstly their site wouldn't allow me to add the Vodafone Advantage discount saying it was not allowed on this deal, that is despite the site saying it was allowed on all 12 month SIM only deals.

Then I try it again in another PC which this time after one 404 error seemed to work, but I didn't have to enter the advantage discount code, it had just added a "Vodafone Discount" of 20% instead, great I thought... However!

When I clicked through to the summary page, I noticed that the details of the contract had changed to 3GB of UK data and 1GB of roaming data. How is that even legal?? I clicked on the 4GB bundle and had I not noticed it had changed in the summary I would purchased it:

ImageUploadedByAVForums1462816437.531663.jpg

This then started off another 50 minute webchat where they offered to process the upgrade on their internal systems, but that is no good to me as the Quidco cash back would not track.

They wouldn't answer why the 4GB contract turned into a 3GB contact without any warning until I really pushed it and then they tried to say they can't control 3rd party sites (basically blaming Quidco) I said I'm not on a third party site I'm on yours! I've just been directed to you via them, so never did get a proper answer to that...

Anyway, apologies for the long rant, ended up asking for PAC and now on the hunt for a better deal as I've had enough of them and even threatened to invoice them for my wasted time. LOL!

Anyone else had similar issues or noticed this 4GB contract turning into a 3GB contract without any warning? Surely that is not legal?

Thanks.

2. mr.magners

mr.magners

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Your well rid of that cowboy company m8.
    Long story short, Bought a LG G4 in Jan this year with the intention of unlocking it after 30 days on their £10 bundle, so paid £20 for unlock code, put new sim in nothing happened no where to put the code nothing so it stayed locked to voda, returned to shop...they can't help you must do it by on line chat.....they could not sort it surgested i went back to shop who could not be more surly and un helpful ect.... after lots of messing me about and I mean alot including refusing a replacement I got in touch with LG who sorted it in a matter of hours.
    I have never dealt with such a bunch of useless t**ts in all my life and will never use them again!!

3. Qactuar

Qactuar
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,008
    I ordered the 20GB sim deal a while back.

They kept messing up and lost my order. Told them I'd like to cancel in 14 day cooling off period.

Couldn't do it. Why? Our system needs the sim to be active before we can cancel it. Say what?!

I then got a £1 bill that I couldn't see online at all, as I didn't have a sim. Crazy. Wasted a lot of time on the phone trying to get a £1 bill revoked!

4. chump

chump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,448
    On the plus side i notice you can now test their sh*tty 3rd world network risk free. You can literally walk away from your contract when you inevitably find out what a load of crap it and the whole company is in general. I would never ever use them again.

5. DPinBucks

DPinBucks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,821
  6. arenaman

arenaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,242
    I've never been with Vodafone but they were very unhelpful when my mother unknowingly ran up a large bill, no warning texts or anything, they just let her carry on and run up a bill 15 x her normal amount, yeah cheers, a heads up would have been good :rolleyes:

7. DarenD

DarenD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,084
    Trash network. Got my company phone with them and you can't get a signal on the motorway North of Leeds.

8. Showoff

Showoff
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,137
    Yeah I've been looking at them anyway as I'm on Three on my own phone. The trouble is around here the signal is better on Vodafone and the wife always jokes I've never got signal.

9. Showoff

Showoff
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,137
    This is what has sparked the whole upgrade to her sim plan. A £160+ bill in December which I didn't realise until last month and several bills this year already £65+. Clearly 300 minutes is not enough for her!

10. maxwell

maxwell
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,027
    Vodafone are the absolute pits, here is a warning to anyone cancelling in the 14 day period.

In 2008 I cancelled a contract in the cooling off period, 6 months later they send me a bill for over £1700 for the cancelled contract (whole amount of a 24month contract) along with threats of debt collectors.
    After 3 weeks of trying to sort it out with contacting them almost daily (nobody knew anything apparently) I get a debt collection letter followed by several more over the next few weeks.

Still tried to sort it out but Vodafone washed their hands of it as it had now been passed to the debt collections agency, so I told the debt collection agency to take me to court, which they did and lost spectacularly as I counter claimed.

End of you would think but oh no - 3 months later it begins again, another bill for the same contract another load of threats and again nobody knows anything.
    Sent them all the court info etc which they didn't even acknowledge and they followed up by more debt collection letters and threats of court action, told them to take me to court (again) but this time they didn't bother and I didn't here anything else about it.

All sorted now - oh no !! 18 months later it begins again but this time only lasts for 3 weeks with letters about debt collection.

So now we are in 2011 and out of the blue another debt collection letter from them followed by one more then nothing.

2013 3 more letters about it
    2014 1 letter about it
    2015 5 letters about it threatening court action
    2016 nothing so far

So cancelling that contract has taken 8 years and a whole load of grief - I wouldn't mind if I actually owed them something but even so a debt to them would be statute barred after 6 years (2014) and they already took me to court and lost (judgement/costs and compensation in my favour)

Caveat Emptor

11. scarty16

scarty16

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +323
    let ofcom sort it out for you.

12. Wahreo

Wahreo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,194
    Vodafone are the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life.

I'm no longer a customer but eventually I got a deadlock letter from them, meaning I can take my complaint to the ombudsman.

My complaint with them was when I tried to leave the company and they used incredible delay tactics to prevent me getting my PAC.

I would strongly advise not dealing with them. There will inevitably be many people on here reading this who have had no problems with the company but if you ever try to leave them, that's when the fun might start!

13. FZR400RRSP

FZR400RRSP
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,374
    I tweeted an embarrassing picture to Vodafone a few weeks back.
    Used my daughter's phone to take a picture of my phone saying "no service"
    Right outside a Vodafone shop.
    The irony.
    They're pish.

14. rousetafarian

rousetafarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14,393
    Did this Vodafone shop have a cellular mast on the roof?

15. rousetafarian

rousetafarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14,393
    My point FWIW, is that I saw an RAC van being towed down the hard-shoulder of the M42 earlier this week by another RAC vehicle, didn't need tweeting.

16. FZR400RRSP

FZR400RRSP
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,374
    That's an unforeseeable event.
    Vodafone making sure their own bloody shops are able to get a signal isn't.
    Pretty basic, if you ask me.
    You evidently disagree.

17. Wahreo

Wahreo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,194
    The reception for Vodafone is actually very good. Far better than EE, which is who I'm with now.

I'd never go back to Vodafone again though, even if they were cheapest. Ship sailed

18. FZR400RRSP

FZR400RRSP
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,374
    Opposite up here.
    EE seem to rule the signal roost.
    My phone is a work-paid phone that I also use for personal use, so I 'suffer' Vodafone.
    If't'were my own dough, I'd be on EE.